Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

recovery team

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone heard of the recovery team?

I was under the intensive team but had a phone call today and they told me that I am under the recovery team and that I will be having a care co-ordinator to see me regularly.... anyone heard or know about this...

Thanks
MrsMcelderry

Comments

• Options
    I think recovery team is possibly called community mental health team in some places. I know it is here. No idea what it's like as I've never been on their books though.
  • Options
    I agree with MR it sounds like the Intensive team is also known as the acute care team, and the recovery team is cmht. I am under the cmht and it just means you will get less regular visits, but your particular care will be designated to one particular person who will be your care coordinator and she/he will be your first point of contact if you are struggling or need advice with anything.
  • Options
    The recovery team is CMHT. I'm in the process of being moved to them. I think the recovery team can work with you longer. I was with another service but there was only so much time that you can be allocated and it was the same length of time give or take per patient. With the recovery team you'll be assigned a care coordinator or CPN.
  • Options
    Thanks girls its put my mind at rest a little bit knowing that other people have heard of it... I will be having a care co-ordinator soon... thank u xx