Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Scared.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I am babysitting 4 girls. Ages are 6,5,1 and few months old. I'm so scared as I don't know what to do or nothing. I have noone else here to help me. So I was hoping someone on here might have some tips please. Thanks xxxx

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hi, I am babysitting 4 girls. Ages are 6,5,1 and few months old. I'm so scared as I don't know what to do or nothing. I have noone else here to help me. So I was hoping someone on here might have some tips please. Thanks xxxx

Tell the parents you can't baby sit as you have no experience?
  • Options
    I'm already babysitting so I can't tell the mum I can't now.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I'm already babysitting so I can't tell the mum I can't now.

That was a stupid move, phone the parents up and let them know? As you aren't safe with someone else's kids if you have no experience with looking after them.
  • Options
    **Angel** wrote: »
    That was a stupid move, phone the parents up and let them know? As you aren't safe with someone else's kids if you have no experience with looking after them.

I agree with Angel, Why agree to do something if you know you can't?
  • Options
    If you aren't happy/comfortable looking after the children then I agree with Angel, the responsible thing to do would be to phone their parents.

I have experience looking after my niece and nephew, yet when I was on holiday I was left to look after my niece on the beach for a couple of hours and I wasn't comfortable with that, it was to much for me. Now you're looking after four kids which is a lot of responsibility. Only you can decide what is best...

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
  • Options
    Call the parents and say that you're not comfortable with babysitting. It would be at the best embarrassing for you, and at the worst very dangerous for the kids if something went wrong.
  • Options
    Hey MrsMcelderry :wave:

How's it going? How long are you babysitting them for? Are the children actually awake or in bed?

I haven't got a clue of your situation, so it's difficult to advise but if you feel unsafe please take the advise to contact their parents, I guarantee you that I would much rather cut a night out short than leave you in a situation where you weren't comfortable.

dp :heart:
  • Options
    Hi! A bit late? But let me say this, stay calm and think positive :)
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Okay, I'm going to close this thread now, as the issue is no longer current.
This discussion has been closed.