Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help meeee

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My iPod isn't recognised by iTunes any more. It charges and the computer recognises it in My Computer, but it doesn't show in iTunes so I can't put tunes on it. I know my iTunes is out of date, which leads me onto....

...the fact that I'm not able to download anything on Internet Explorer. The download box shows but after I choose the place to save it to then the dialog box disappears. One time, it started downloading but an error message came up saying IE can't download from the specific location. It happens all the time now, no matter what I download.

I can still download free music by P2P though, so I'm guesing it's an IE problem.

Any help on those two fronts = appreciated :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    first, download something like mozilla/firefox or a diff brouser

second, update IE/Itunes
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    first, download something like mozilla/firefox or a diff brouser

second, update IE/Itunes

That'd be great, but I can't download anything :razz:
  • Options
    friends pc? another computer, pendrive?
  • Options
    friends pc? another computer, pendrive?

I don't mind IE to be honest, wonder if there's any settings I can change or if it's a known issue at all?
  • Options
    You tried reinstalling it, or restoring defult settings?
  • Options
    You tried reinstalling it, or restoring defult settings?

Tried removing it as a Windows component and adding it again but not much changed. I Googled it and it said if I had a program called StopZilla on my computer then to get rid of it because it’s a known issue – I deleted it by sending it to the Recycle bin rather than removing it through Control panel, would that have made a difference?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Tried removing it as a Windows component and adding it again but not much changed. I Googled it and it said if I had a program called StopZilla on my computer then to get rid of it because it’s a known issue – I deleted it by sending it to the Recycle bin rather than removing it through Control panel, would that have made a difference?
    Probably. You don't remove programs by deleting their directories, unless you're using windows 3.x or DOS.