Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do you say bye?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I've just found out that Janet is on shift on tuesday morning which is when I'll be leaving the hostel, I really didn't want her to be on shift as I have such a strong and close relationship with her and I hate saying bye, Anyone else I could just walk out the door from but her, she'll make me cry and stuff.

I've known janet for almost a year now and she's been there for me through a lot, Everytime she's on lates which finishes at 6am I'd sit with her and natter about life or I'd rant to her about my brother, she's helped me through my suicidal thoughts and she's supported me with my brother and when I lost Megan ella and alice she was there for me.

Me and janet joke around that we're bezzie mates and I've never had a closer relationship with anyone than what I do with janet. How do I say bye to her and make it mean something..I don't want to just say "Bye janet" and then leave...but I don't want to be a blubbering mess..

Comments

• Options
    i know its hard to say goodbye to someone ur really close to but this is something i dont was i got a card with a note in there explaining everything and why u didnt want to say it face to face. also you could leave a number on there so she can contact you. im sure you can still see her when u have left :).

hope this made sense
  • Options
    As MrsMcelderry said, is there no way you can stay in touch after you leave? A nice thing to do could be to get, or make, a thank you card to show how much you appreciate her and then let her open it after you leave?

Personally, I don't think you have to make goodbyes hard. If you think there is the possibility of still seeing one another then maybe leave it on 'see you soon' (maybe throw in 'bestie' at the end as a nice little in joke?) or even try and arrange a time to pop in and see her, so you can look forwards to it? If someone means that much to you then there is no need to let them go from your life.

If it has to be a goodbye then sometimes a hug can say it all and be the simplest and easiest way. There is no harm in getting upset, if you feel that way, as it just shows you care. Allow it to be natural and heartfelt and you won't regret it, even if you do get upset.

Hope you are ok.
  • Options
    How did it go? Tons of luck today, thinking of you!
  • Options
    good luck emmalee x
  • Options
    When I left semi independent housing to go to uni I kept in touch with my keyworker. It's always a bittersweet thing - it's great that you're moving on and up in life but it sad that your leaving people that you've developed close bonds. I used to go back occasionally to see the workers and stuff a couple of times a year when I lived nearby.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    How did it go? Tons of luck today, thinking of you!

She wasn't on shift today, she swopped shift with another staff because of a problem another staff was facing, so she didn't get to see me leave but on tuesday we fooled around and acted like 5 year olds and then she told me to stay in touch and have a nice life..

but as for the record..I FREAKING LOVE BRISTOL!!
  • Options
    Yay! Glad it went well :D xx
  • Options
    Welcome to the West Country contingent! Bristol is a pretty awesome place and there's sooooo much to do there.
  • Options
    Better than hull where theres nothing...