Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mornington Crescent

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Green Park.
  • Options
    Aha, Latimer's Road!
  • Options
    Oooo sneaky use of the highways act rule there. Like it a lot. Baker St
  • Options
    Aha, Latimer's Road!

To use the oft-misquoted Sir Roger Pedant's rules, when a tube station is mis-named, the player who calls the error can make a move that would ordinarily be illegal.

Thus, King's Cross St. Pancras.
  • Options
    Arctic Roll already established we were "Wombling Free", so that doesn't apply - therefore your move is void. From Baker Street, Aldgate East
  • Options
    Arctic Roll already established we were "Wombling Free", so that doesn't apply - therefore your move is void. From Baker Street, Aldgate East

Actually, I think you'll find we were "Wombling Free" last round... You are having a bad time of it aren't you Carrie... This unfortunately invalidates your move again!

So from King Cross St Pancras, with an heir to the throne due this Summer.

Marble Arch
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Actually, I think you'll find we were "Wombling Free" last round... You are having a bad time of it aren't you Carrie... This unfortunately invalidates your move again!

So from King Cross St Pancras, with an heir to the throne due this Summer.

Marble Arch

Marble Arch opens up the network of tube subways and we pop up and the endlessly confusing Elephant and Castle.
  • Options
    Remaining endlessly confused we'll movee to the deliberately obtuse. Edgware Road (Bakerloo Line).
  • Options
    Remaining endlessly confused we'll movee to the deliberately obtuse. Edgware Road (Bakerloo Line).

Ah. And in honour of the Circle Line's controversial new spiral configuration, it's a short hop to Shepherd's Bush Market.
  • Options
    Late Lunch Warbling Snow rules take us on a cultural stroll to Covent Garden
  • Options
    Unfortunately I got sick of queueing for a fucking lift to come, so it's a quick hop skip and jump to Theydon Bois.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I got sick of queueing for a fucking lift to come, so it's a quick hop skip and jump to Theydon Bois.

I'm In Essex, Get Me Out Of Here takes us swiftly to Chalfont and Latimer.
  • Options
    I'm not a Tory, get me out of here takes us back to Dagenham Heathway.

Sorry, there really wasn't any alternative. I don't like it either. The only other move would have left us hogtied at Hanger Lane and I don't want anyone to be hogtied.
  • Options
    Sorry, there really wasn't any alternative. I don't like it either. The only other move would have left us hogtied at Hanger Lane and I don't want anyone to be hogtied.

Hideous. Well, let's make a tentative move back to civilisation. Canada Water.
  • Options
    You should be ashamed of yourself. Here we are playing a friendly amateur game over a mug of tea and a chocolate digestive and then you go and make that sort of move. Just because we can play nasty doesn't mean we should.

But, if that's the way you want it... Hounslow Central. I hope that teaches you.
  • Options
    Just because we can play nasty doesn't mean we should.

But, if that's the way you want it... Hounslow Central. I hope that teaches you.

I don't see that you left me an alternative! Very frustrating, now my only real option is Camden Town.
  • Options
    Devious, taking me almost all the way, hoping I'd be lulled into a false sense of security.

But I won't be fooled that easily.

Also, I ended up on the wrong branch so...Moorgate.
  • Options
    Following the rules in the published works of Dickens (there's a lot of secret Mornington Crescent code in them, I assure you.) the only place I can go to now is Tottenham Court Road.
  • Options
    I don't know what angers me more, the fact i have no idea what you're on about still or the fact i can't be bothered to google it ;o
  • Options
    Shikari wrote: »
    I don't know what angers me more, the fact i have no idea what you're on about still or the fact i can't be bothered to google it ;o

Under the "LetMeGoogleThatForYou" rule of September 4, 1998. It's a free move, that can be used to advance the game, but not to win. (Curses!)

Bank
  • Options
    Bank leaves us with one choice. Confusing the tourists, let us go to Monument.
  • Options
    Following that movement up with a bratty triple spin lands us at Angel.
  • Options
    That's a very assertive move, completely out of keeping with the game. We can't be having any of that.

So...

Pinner.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Under the "LetMeGoogleThatForYou" rule of September 4, 1998. It's a free move, that can be used to advance the game, but not to win. (Curses!)

Bank

Wait so we're playing The Weakest Link now?
  • Options
    That's a very assertive move, completely out of keeping with the game. We can't be having any of that.

So...

Pinner.

Pinner? Fuckin Pinner, with all the noob distrubtion we're having. Well then...

Current events clause of 1982 allows me to travel to a closed tube station. Vauxhall
  • Options
    International rules Section 5 Clause 3.2 regarding "Is it too soon to make that joke" occasions allow me to slide us over to Hornchurch.
  • Options
    International rules section 5 clause 3.2.i states that it is too soon to make that joke, hence Cockfosters
  • Options
    I counteract your tiresomely predictable wit with a Selfridge's slide to Bond Street.
  • Options
    And now, weighed down with all those lovely new clothes, we take you to New Cross.
  • Options
    Woolich Arsenal.