Home Health & Wellbeing
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.

Lily lolo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
As a member of the pale skin brigade I've always struggled to get decent foundation. I've never liked the cakey feel of liquid foundation even though I mix it with moisturiser so decided to give the mineral foundation route a try. I've always favoured the natural look and I'm also too lazy to have a time consuming makeup routine so this seems like a good way to go. Anyways I've ordered a few sample pots of Lily lolo as I've heard some good things about their stuff and was wondering if anyone here uses them and had any tips/advice for a mineral newbie? i.e shade matching, getting decent coverage ect?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm sorry, I have nothing useful to say, but where did you order the sample pots from? I can't find any on their website.

ETA found them. Never mind :)
    I took GWST's advice a while ago and bought some. It's great and lasts for ages. I found application really easy- you really don't need a lot and the kabuki brush you get with it gives you good coverage. It's really tricky to go wrong when using it, just a bit at a time until you get the coverage you want. I liked the finishing powder too.
    I've ordered 2 shades of the foundation and the matte and translucent finishing powder so I'll see how I go. Quite excited about it really as I'm tired of cakey make up and concealer. I'm also trying to lean towards more cruelty free products so this is a bonus too.
    My order came today and I tried it and was very impressed! Even if application was a bit awkward due to the small pots. Just ordered a full size foundation and finishing powder today as it's 15% off til midnight :)
    Ballerina wrote: »
    My order came today and I tried it and was very impressed! Even if application was a bit awkward due to the small pots. Just ordered a full size foundation and finishing powder today as it's 15% off til midnight :)

tempteeeeeed...!!

Glad you like it :) I prefer mineral powder makeup