Home Politics & Debate
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.

Your political compass

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I think political compass is the term I'm looking for, but what I mean is how do you work out where you are in terms of your views eg left of centre.

I know a bit about politics, but I'm not in a political party unlike one of my friends who is a paid up conservative.

I think I have views on different things, but there are many things I don't know about and haven't studied yet.

My background is much more languages than politics although I could did out my AS level notes, but it's 10 years ago I studied politics aged 17 in school. I can revisit the file of notes I've kept as I have kept all school and university notes, but my focus has been on French, History and mental health over the last 8 or 9 years through studies and mental breakdowns at university and learnings about mental health has been my main subject of learning over the last four and a half years since I left university.

If there are any short books about politics please let me know. I'm more concentrating on learning about mental health and French, but gaining a greater understanding of politics and political philosophies could be useful as could gaining more of a political awareness myself ie what my views are.

Any internet resources or books about politics/political philosophy that are short would be good

Thanks

Comments