Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

'Monthlys' Problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is the first time I have posted anything, bare with me if I don't say enough for anyone to help me.

So, I have a problem with my period.. I have had them for several years and they have always been regular. I don't understand how they have suddenly stopped. First of all, I have never had sex, so pregnancy - I know for sure - is definitely not the answer. Second of all, I was on the pill for only a few months to lower the risk of certain cancers, and for less painful periods - I stopped taking it cause I put on over a stone in a few months just because of it. Anyway, I don't understand why or how they have suddenly stopped. What could have stopped them?

I know I will probably have to go to the doctors, but I wanted an idea of what the possibilities could be.

In advance, thank you for any replies and help.

Comments

• Options
    Could be stress related, been stressed out at all recently?
  • Options
    I have been stressed out a lot recently, to be quite honest. I didn't think stress could make such an impact.
  • Options
    Are you on any medications?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Hooha-dooda,

Welcome :wave:

Just wanted to flag up an article we have on TheSite that's about missing periods and lists quite a few potential causes and might help to shed some light. I hope all goes well at the doctors. :)

Is there anything relating to your stress that you'd like to talk about? We're here to listen...
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Are you on any medications?

No I'm not on any medications.
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    Is there anything relating to your stress that you'd like to talk about? We're here to listen...

Thank you, I have read the link you sent and it was very helpful:)

I have posted a 'Suicidal Thoughts' thread, that is almost everything I am stressed about.