Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Not sure what to do,

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well it's been a while since I've been on here, can still recognise some of the old faces, y'all probably not remember me though :lol:

Anyways I'm kinda at a crossroads in my life, in the last month I've lost my job and split up with my girlfriend of 5 years

I've kinda gone from having it all to having bugger all and I'm not sure what lies ahead, the girlfriend thing hadn't been the best for a while but when she dropped the bombshell that she didn't love me anymore it kinda hit hard, to be honest I'm kinda dealing quite wel with it, ( well I think I am anyway) she blames everything on herself and feels awful for doing this to me cause she never wanted to hurt me but I don't hold any grudges towards her because I still love her, I'm not gonna be the one that keeps saying we should keep trying because we have for a while and it's not worked, we're still talking and on good terms so I'd rather just leave it at that

I came here looking for advice and also just too vent cause I know how good this community is for giving help, for the first time in a long while I have no ties to me really (apart from my dog lol), I don't really know what to do with myself, I spent my new year by myself pretty much, tbh I wanted to be alone cause I knew I wouldn't be much craic but also to try and figure out what to do now but I can't think of anything I want to do with my life, I live away in the sticks so job opportunitys are pretty limited and I don't have any decent qualies to get a decent paid job

I'm blabbering on now lol, like I said was just a good ol vent I needed

Cheers for reading guys

Comments

• Options
    Hi Miguel Sanchez,

So sorry to hear you are going through a break up, and at the same time losing your job *hug*

You seem to have a good/rational attitude towards this break up - and not holding onto any grudges is positive so far. Have a look at our articles that can help on Getting over it and accepting it's over.

It's understandable to feel slightly lost about where you life is going after what you are going through. From what you say it seems hard to find a job where you live - have a look at steps towards getting a new job. Perhaps a new exciting experience with new people (who do not know you with your girlfriend) could be just what you need :)

Feel free to keep venting :)
  • Options
    Hi, I remember you - we joined thesite in the same month all those years ago.

I hope you are okay. Not sure what to say. I hope things get better soon for you though.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replys guys, there still is a part of me that wants to be with her but I know it'll cause grief more than likely and I'd rather stay on good terms with her as we both said we still mean a lot to each other just not in "that" way, I have been sat in the house the last couple of days on me tod basically but I'm using the excuse that it's new year for that and plan to start sorting things out tomorrow,

Randomgirl, I remember ya now, how have ya been?
  • Options
    I'm all right. The last few years have had ups and downs. I do voluntary work at YouthNet now which I really like and get to meet the mods who work there. I hope you are okay. I like seeing old faces on here.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I'm all right. The last few years have had ups and downs. I do voluntary work at YouthNet now which I really like and get to meet the mods who work there. I hope you are okay. I like seeing old faces on here.

Yeah was quite surprised at the amount of people I remembered, that's good working for youthnet, I'll be fine I'm sure, every cloud an all that, take care
  • Options
    Perhaps a good idea could be to try and boost your social life while you are in this transition? Such as making effort to see old friends or meeting new people?

Like you say it's a New year, therefore new experiences could help - how about volunteering while you look for a job? It's a great way to keep busy and meet people who have similar interests! Have a look at our site do-it.org which has all kinds of opportunities :)
  • Options
    Broke up with my girlfriend a couple of months ago too, and I was only with her for a year and a half but that hurt enough, I know your pain.
    If it really is a new start you want, you could look at moving somewhere new? Maybe to a larger town or a city? Look for a new job/career path, work your way up? You could meet people through that, or try gumtree for house sharing possibly?
  • Options
    Same here, now you're single and unattached, is there anything you've ever really wanted to do? Or just even thought about buggering off for a couple of weeks? I know it isn't going to be easy with no job, so it might not be something straight away, but it might help.