Home Travel & Free Time
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

This is England '88

SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect.New ForestPosts: 15,156 Skive's The Limit
Anybody else watching this tonight?
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
But today is a gift
That’s why it’s call the present

Comments

• **helen****helen** Mod malarkist Posts: 9,235 Listening Ear
    Indeed!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Didn't realise it was on last night, I'll watch it on the internet like...was it good?
    I thought it was - I guess the first episode was quite slow burning in terms of building up a picture of what's to come...
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,156 Skive's The Limit
    I think it's a perfect blend of comedy and dark drama. Vicky McClure is an excellent actress.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,156 Skive's The Limit
    Was a brilliant series. Really moving stuff. Bring on This is England 90.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    Skive wrote: »
    Was a brilliant series. Really moving stuff. Bring on This is England 90.

Missed it last night, so gonna have to catch up on 4OD - can't wait.
    I watched the first episode, which I found rather foreboding, but got the impression there's a previous series I should watch first.
    I watched the first episode, which I found rather foreboding, but got the impression there's a previous series I should watch first.

Yeah, deffo worth checking out '86 Carpet :) Also, the feature film is good too.
    I think I saw the film when it came out. Am I right in thinking that the TV series spawned from that?
    Yeah. Might be worth watching the film again too. Though 86 was a really powerful series.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    Caught up with this Friday night - well worth it.