Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Presents

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have no idea where to put this but its about my boyfriend so ive put it in here, feel free to move it lol.
my problem is i have no idea what to get my boyfriend for christmas, i was thinking maybe a lynx gift set and the marley and me dvd (the dvd is a joke between us) and then if nothing else maybe give him some money, or take him shopping for something.
any ideas? x

Comments

• Options
    *Holly**Holly* Deactivated Posts: 140 Helping Hand
    Hi Looking4Help

It sounds like you've already got a few good ideas already. What's your price limit?

You could always combine shop-bought presents with perhaps something homemade as wel if you want a more personal touch? It depends on how long you've been going out. But if you're at the loved-up stage, then maybe a framed photo of the two of you, or a personalised photo present? There's loads of good cheap websites where you can get photo gifts like mugs, calenders etc.

Although - if you two are still new - it might be safer just to stick to regular gifts like the lynx and dvd.

Have fun shopping. Feel free to let us know what you decide. It may give other board-users ideas. Shopping for a boyfriend/girlfriend is a nightmare!

Holly
  • Options
    I would avoid giving him money.
  • Options
    We have been going out for six months on Christmas eve, so a while. I have gotten him presents which have memories behind them for us, such as the DVDs. I hope he will like them haha thanks guys x
  • Options
    Blowjob tokens. Unless you're under 16, then Awkward Touch of my Boobs Under the Jumper but Over the Bra tokens.
  • Options
    I think men are soooo difficult to buy for but you obviously have decent ideas, perhaps if you have extra money buy him something you know he'll use;
    I try to get something funny
    something sentimental
    something he'll use

so maybe he likes xbox - in that case xbox live membership? or a game he's had his eye on etc.
  • Options
    Men are always harder to buy gifts for. However I think the Lynx and DVD sound ok.
  • Options
    Why don't you ask him to tell you what his Christmas wish list is and then go from there?
  • Options
    How old are you?

It might be just me, but I do not appreciate cheap body spray with less than passable odor or chick flicks on DVD as much as anything that is a bit more personal or self-made.

Hell I'd even appreciate socks and boxershorts more.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    How old are you?

It might be just me, but I do not appreciate cheap body spray with less than passable odor or chick flicks on DVD as much as anything that is a bit more personal or self-made.

Hell I'd even appreciate socks and boxershorts more.

Agreed, if you want to get him a nice scent get him some decent aftershave, a lynx bodyset is something you put in a stocking.
  • Options
    JanePerson wrote: »
    Men are always harder to buy gifts for. However I think the Lynx and DVD sound ok.

No, I think women think its harder to buy for men, when infact its us men who find it difficult to buy for women because they send out mixed signals about it. I thought you women understood that us men are simple creatures :P
  • Options
    Maybe its cheating but when I had a boyfriend I just told him what I wanted. When I asked him what he wanted he often had no idea.
  • Options
    I think the quickest way to a man's heart is either with a computer game, a watch or a pair of jeans.