Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Jealousy over other girls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm having sex with this guy. He uses Facebook a lot and posts some cheeky comments on mutual female friends status like "that pic is hot" etc. He only ever says those kind of things to me in private and would never put those comments on my status. I feel jealous on one hand and special on the other and yet I could be one of many. Am I a deluded idiot?

Comments

• Options
    yes.

or to put it in softer words: you are overinterpreting things. Apparently you are not exclusive with this guy, so there is nothing you could complain about anyway, but he will find other people hot regardless with who he has sex or is together. Deal with it.
  • Options
    depends. Do you want more from him.
    Id be annoyed if he wasnt openly flirty/complimentary with me, yet was with others
  • Options
    You've already set the standard for what it takes to get in your pants. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like much. So I would suggest to either stop fucking him if you can't handle NSA or to start getting with other guys.
  • Options
    I think it sounds like you want more from him than just sex but he's happy to flirt and possibly sleep around, so you need to decide if you'll be happy staying in this situation or not
  • Options
    He's never been publicly flirty with me, even before we hooked up (which took me by surprise). I don't think he wants people to know what we're up to which doesn't exactly make me feel good. He seems to flirt mostly with attached girls.
  • Options
    So do something good for your self-esteem and self respect and get out of there. Obviously you aren't one to be in it for the win. Kill the relationship. Live, learn and move on.
  • Options
    B.Fonzie wrote: »
    So do something good for your self-esteem and self respect and get out of there. Obviously you aren't one to be in it for the win. Kill the relationship. Live, learn and move on.

This.

I should also learn to take this advice. Er, oops.
  • Options
    Hi Heffalump,

Welcome to the boards! :)

I just wanted to point out that a couple of the responses in this thread haven't been very sensitive or particularly helpful - so please stick to constructive criticism if it has to be criticism.

We don't know much about your relationship with this man, yet it seems that no matter what it looks like, you're feeling upset enough to post here - and therefore we are all ears.

It seems like on paper this relationship is just sex. However your feelings have been hurt by how he "flirts" and posts comments about other girls. To echo some of the helpful replies, perhaps it's important for you to decide what you want out of this? Is he simply a fuck buddy or do you like him? Perhaps he has no idea how you feel and even though he might simply wants one thing - you might be surprised. Either way at least you will know where you stand and/or where you will eventually stand.

Good luck *hug*