Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

That adrenline rush (advice wanted)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm rather young amongst most of these members (maybe). 19, turning 20 this month and I need some advice. Any would be most comforting.

I'm currently going on about a year and four months with my current girlfriend. It's just about par with my last relationship (and longest as of yet). Some people might say we rushed in, but we have a place together, As we mostly did for financial benefits since we're both going to school. Regardless it's all worked out quite well so far with only the little tiff here and there we get into.

We're my problem lies is, I'm craving that adrenaline rush of being single. I'm in no way what some would call a "man-whore" but I do my fare share of mingling when single. However I love the long lasting relationship I have. And feel it's the right thing to do to keep it stable and ever lasting. I don't find anything wrong with her aside from some insecurities and jealously issues, but I think and am hoping that will clear up in time. But yeah, maybe it's the change of season, I don't know. But I'm absolutely dying for that feeling of just going out on the market. That type of rush you get. What I'm asking is, is there anyway to supplement that feeling. Something to feed that craving? I plan on being faithful to my girlfriend regardless of urges, have no intention of cheating.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Go out with your Broskis and have a wicked night out from time to time. You could still chat girls up and you know... look around without really tasting anything. A friend of mine is doing that from time to time, but he adores his girlfriend and would never cheat on her.
  • Options
    I agree...go out with your friends and have fun, but obviously don't cheat. You may find that just looking or chatting to girls gives you that rush, and it also may make you feel glad that you're actually not single!

We always think the grass is greener, when it rarely is.
  • Options
    Are you sure that the insecurities and jealousy issues aren't driving this? Maybe it's a reaction against her being a little suffocating?
  • Options
    I agree that just getting out more again will most defiently help. However given what talia said. That's also where a problem lies. I know I wit to go out lll be faithful and all. But she thinnks to think of the worst all the time. She says she can't help it. But her insecurities and jealously makes it difficult to go out like that at times. Sure I'll be havin a good time but then I can't help but feel guilty for no legitiment reason. It most likely doesn't help that she is just barley underage. Mind you I don't drink often but I enjoiy the social aspect of a bar. I feel once she is of age it may get a little easier. But regardless of all that. I think I just need to find excuses to get out at times
  • Options
    What is the age gap between you? I ask because if shes barely underage, so 15 and you're say 17, 18, 19, then thats quite a big gap at that age. I dont mean thats it inappropriate for you to see each other but your worlds are probably so different and her insecurities come from the fact that you can go and party and she cant.
  • Options
    Role play! go out with the lads and 'pull' her .
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    What is the age gap between you? I ask because if shes barely underage, so 15 and you're say 17, 18, 19, then thats quite a big gap at that age. I dont mean thats it inappropriate for you to see each other but your worlds are probably so different and her insecurities come from the fact that you can go and party and she cant.

It's only a year difference. And I'm turning 20 so she'll be 19 eventually this year. But I see what you are saying