Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Subutex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it possible to get high off this on par with say, DHC or methadone?

A junkie i know laughed at someone who claimed to enjoy them as they are an opiate blocker, but they're getting punted about for £15 a pill and seemingly popular amongst people who are into benzos & opiates.

Anyone got experience of using these recreationally, at £15 a pop would I better with with some DHC instead? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Yes, £15 is an ok price for an 8mg pill as a small amount will do the trick and can last you for days.
  • Options
    You just answered your own question. I think you were supposed to log onto your other account to do that
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    You just answered your own question. I think you were supposed to log onto your other account to do that

No shit I just answered my own question, after 10 days I had no choice eh

*hug*
  • Options
    Soooo why would you ask it if you knew the answer
  • Options
    Soooo why would you ask it if you knew the answer

Because I bought 2 pills a few days after I posted this, read between the lines sweatheart eh?

btw lexi rhymes with sexi, has anyone pointed that out to you before? :flirt:
  • Options
    Is this where the belief that we're all the puppets of some secret non-governmental organisation comes from? :p
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Is this where the belief that we're all the puppets of some secret non-governmental organisation comes from? :p

Are you the Matt Lucas look-a-like BTP officer who swaggers around Glasgow Queen St Station in somewhat bizzare fashion, chest puffed out with the deluded vanity of self-importance yet also, quite amusingly, with the tell-tale gait of a submissive homosexual?

I only ask because I saw him today and immediately thought,

OMG ITS WHOWHERE FROM THESITE.ORG!

Be truthful now, copper.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote: »
    btw lexi rhymes with sexi, has anyone pointed that out to you before? :flirt:

What? Nooo way! I guess thats why they call me lexi ;) hasnt anyone ever told you that spliffie rhymes with............. whiffy? Haha.
  • Options
    What? Nooo way! I guess thats why they call me lexi ;) hasnt anyone ever told you that spliffie rhymes with............. whiffy? Haha.

That's the whiff of poon from getting so much.
  • Options
    That's the whiff of poon from getting so much.

No thats the smell of bullshit
  • Options
    No thats the smell of bullshit

not a very nice way to talk about poon lexi, tut tut.

now hush hush and let whowhere tell us if he is that same BTP officer, eh?
  • Options
    not a very nice way to talk about poon lexi, tut tut.

now hush hush and let whowhere tell us if he is that same BTP officer, eh?

Ooooooh you need a slap mr.
  • Options
    Are you the Matt Lucas look-a-like BTP officer who swaggers around Glasgow Queen St Station in somewhat bizzare fashion, chest puffed out with the deluded vanity of self-importance yet also, quite amusingly, with the tell-tale gait of a submissive homosexual?

I only ask because I saw him today and immediately thought,

OMG ITS WHOWHERE FROM THESITE.ORG!

Be truthful now, copper.

No, I'm not.:yeees:
  • Options
    i recently injrctd a 2mg subutex...not recomended
  • Options
    2mg lines snorted does the job nicely :yum:
  • Options
    Never heard of Subutex before? £15 for one pill containing 8mg, which is 0.08g right? Seems expensive, what did it feel like? How long did it last? What was the come down like? Would you do it again?
  • Options
    its like a opiate blocker or something without looking on erowid.com but produces opiate like effects and i think the sub in the words means it should be put under the tongue ala sub lingual.

subutex aka - buprenorphine (sp?)
  • Options
    It's just like suboxone (bup-ah blah blah) without the narcan. You can get high off subox, if you don't have a habit.
  • Options
    it defo works 4mg will give ya a decent nod if you don't haave tolerance
  • Options
    Fuuubar wrote: »
    Never heard of Subutex before? £15 for one pill containing 8mg, which is 0.08g right? Seems expensive, what did it feel like? How long did it last? What was the come down like? Would you do it again?

£15 was a good price, very pleasant. I found it a very stimulating high, moreso than methadone, lasted for hours after the peak. No comedown.

I wouldn't recommend getting into that sort of drug though, it's so addictive partly because there is no comedown and you can drift through the day in a state close to bliss. But very nice drug, I will be seeking to acquire more.
  • Options
    Is it possible to get high off this on par with say, DHC or methadone?

A junkie i know laughed at someone who claimed to enjoy them as they are an opiate blocker, but they're getting punted about for £15 a pill and seemingly popular amongst people who are into benzos & opiates.

Anyone got experience of using these recreationally, at £15 a pop would I better with with some DHC instead? :confused:

OMG! Dude, whilst I will answer your question I would like to give you my experience also, in the hope you will stop acting stupid. I apologise if you are just enquiring, but why ask such a question if are not thinking of trying?

Drug workers are trying to replace subutex with suboxone. They both have the same amount of active ingredient (buprenorphine hydrochloride), but suboxone cannot be crushed and snorted to acheive the high, like subutex can, due to the addition of naloxone. Yes it will get you high. However, do not take any buprenorphine whotsoever if you have any other opiate medication in your system as this can instigate withdrawal. Subutex (temgesics in lower doses, big in prisons) is a synthetic opioid agonist and antagonist. It binds very tightly to the relevant opioid receptors in the brain. This is why it lasts so long in the system as addicts can miss a dose and be fine. If your system is clean, (or contains buprenorphine) it will induce the high. A lot of heroin addicts dislike it because it will have the opposite effect if taken when heroin is in the system and make them ill. It is very unlikely that you would feel a high by dissolving it under your tongue, unless it was a larger dose but that is very dangerous. Most subutex abuse is via snorting.

Now, why do you ask such a question? I got addicted to heroin and although it was only 6months, and i havent used in 6 years, i have battled with all the opiate meds you mention, ever since. Once dependent (which happens very quickly, i lie not) your fucked (pardon my french) and in for one hell of a nightmare mate. I snapped 16 days ago and refused to take any more methadone. Ive been through physical and mental HELL! its taught me one hell of a lesson! this is the early hours of my seventeenth day. I am back on my feet now, eating well and apart from large pupils, goose bumpy chills now n again, and lack of sleep im nearly there. Phoned my doctor and what did he say, well done? NO! Like hell, he offered me valium (diazepam, blues, whatever) to sleep. I told him to fuck off and that he should be ashamed of himself. That felt great. He rang backto apologise later in the day. My point in telling you all this is, dude STOP and give your head a shake. You mention a junkie mate, but sound like your flirting with the same dangers, For your own sake, please please reconsider your behaviour. If you must intoxicate yourself have a beer or a joint. Leave the hard opiates well alone. Peace Man :):)
  • Options
    deleted. double post
  • Options
    Dan34Yorks wrote: »
    OMG! Dude, whilst I will answer your question I would like to give you my experience also, in the hope you will stop acting stupid. I apologise if you are just enquiring, but why ask such a question if are not thinking of trying?

Obviously I was looking to try it having been into opiates for some time, wanted to know if it was worthwhile recreationally. As I've said elsewhere in this thread, I rate it quite highly but wouldn't recommend getting into junkie drugs to start with.
    Drug workers are trying to replace subutex with suboxone. They both have the same amount of active ingredient (buprenorphine hydrochloride), but suboxone cannot be crushed and snorted to acheive the high, like subutex can, due to the addition of naloxone. Yes it will get you high. However, do not take any buprenorphine whotsoever if you have any other opiate medication in your system as this can instigate withdrawal. Subutex (temgesics in lower doses, big in prisons) is a synthetic opioid agonist and antagonist. It binds very tightly to the relevant opioid receptors in the brain. This is why it lasts so long in the system as addicts can miss a dose and be fine. If your system is clean, (or contains buprenorphine) it will induce the high. A lot of heroin addicts dislike it because it will have the opposite effect if taken when heroin is in the system and make them ill. It is very unlikely that you would feel a high by dissolving it under your tongue, unless it was a larger dose but that is very dangerous. Most subutex abuse is via snorting.

Now, why do you ask such a question? I got addicted to heroin and although it was only 6months, and i havent used in 6 years, i have battled with all the opiate meds you mention, ever since. Once dependent (which happens very quickly, i lie not) your fucked (pardon my french) and in for one hell of a nightmare mate. I snapped 16 days ago and refused to take any more methadone. Ive been through physical and mental HELL! its taught me one hell of a lesson! this is the early hours of my seventeenth day. I am back on my feet now, eating well and apart from large pupils, goose bumpy chills now n again, and lack of sleep im nearly there. Phoned my doctor and what did he say, well done? NO! Like hell, he offered me valium (diazepam, blues, whatever) to sleep. I told him to fuck off and that he should be ashamed of himself. That felt great. He rang backto apologise later in the day. My point in telling you all this is, dude STOP and give your head a shake. You mention a junkie mate, but sound like your flirting with the same dangers, For your own sake, please please reconsider your behaviour. If you must intoxicate yourself have a beer or a joint. Leave the hard opiates well alone. Peace Man :):)

You really don't have to lecture me on this. Your post would be a good warning to others thinking of getting into opiates though so props for that.
  • Options
    yeah spliffie, drugs are bad, stay away.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    yeah spliffie, drugs are bad, stay away.

Sarcasm eh? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    yeah, roll eyes.
  • Options
    yeah, roll eyes.

Now what's wrong with staying away from downers, opiates?
  • Options
    nothing. Perhaps you should Spliffie, drugs are bad you know?
  • Options
    nothing. Perhaps you should Spliffie, drugs are bad you know?

They can be good, they can be bad, depends where you draw the line.