Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where to buy printer cartridges cheap ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really cannot justify spending around £20 for a black cartridge and upwards of £25 for a colour cartridge for my printer [Branded]. The lowest price i have seen for an unbranded one was around £13 for Black - £17 for colour.

Where either somewhere in town or online are the cheapest places to buy branded & unbranded printer ink ?

:)

Comments

• Options
    Not sure, get epson printers, they're cheaper on ink. Or laser printers are even better.
  • Options
    what printer do you have?

www.ink2.co.uk is a cheap place
  • Options
    I get mine from www.ukdvdr.co.uk usually.
  • Options
    Porky_StalkerPorky_Stalker Posts: 108 The Mix Convert
    I usually get mine from:

www.7dayshop.com

I have also bought some from here:

www.choicestationery.com

They usually have some good multipack deals.
  • Options
    edn1 wrote:
    I really cannot justify spending around £20 for a black cartridge and upwards of £25 for a colour cartridge for my printer [Branded]. The lowest price i have seen for an unbranded one was around £13 for Black - £17 for colour.

Where either somewhere in town or online are the cheapest places to buy branded & unbranded printer ink ?

:)

It would help if you stated the make and model of your printer in the original post
  • Options
    It would help if you stated the make and model of your printer in the original post

Good Point!

If its old then they are cheap, but if its one of the latest "high quality laser printer" then it might cost abit :naughty:
  • Options
    I know, sorry ! I posted it on a whim and just put down the minimum information, apologies.

Hewlett Packard 5650.

To be honest HP are the best quality printers in my opinion. It's worth sticking with them, it's just the ink that cost's a bomb that puts it down.

Thanks for the replies so far :)
  • Options
    edn1 wrote:
    I know, sorry ! I posted it on a whim and just put down the minimum information, apologies.

Hewlett Packard 5650.

To be honest HP are the best quality printers in my opinion. It's worth sticking with them, it's just the ink that cost's a bomb that puts it down.

Thanks for the replies so far :)

Well you're a bit stuffed then..

HP Printer are good, they're good cos the print head and the ink are all in the same cartridge, so when you buy a new cartridge you're getting a brand new print head too, it's also what make HP cartridges one of the most expensive ones you can buy and why there's very few if any 3rd party cartridges available for it.

Cheapest you'll probably get is to find a company that recycle these where you keep two used cartridges in a sealed plastic bag, post it to them and they keep one and they post you one back filled.

or you just buy ink and add it yourself with a syringe.
  • Options
    Hm. Recylced cartridges it is then.