Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to progress from dating to a relationship?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

I went on the 5th date with a lad I recently met and we got on really well, talked for ages, lots of touching/holding hands etc. I think it's time to take it from dating, it feels right, but we don't talk about things like that. We have never asked each other about past relationships or how we feel about each other etc. We text and he says how much he enjoyed the date, but never actually says anything about me and nor do I.

I want to ask him if we should start a relationship, but he is my first potential serious boyfriend, so don't want to scare him off. Should I just wait and let things happen develop naturally or should we talk if so what and how do I ask him?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    i wouldn't rush to put a label on it at this stage, continue to enjoy the company and see if he brings the subject up himself. Maybe after a couple more dates steer the conversation round to the future in a really general , non specific way and see if he lets it evolve naturally into a discussion about you both. Over what sort of period of time have you been dating? 5 dates can be covered in less than a week so that is a factor too.
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply and advice :)

We've been dating for 2 months.