Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hooking up with the ex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so tomorrow I'm meeting up with my ex-boyfriend for the first time in over a year. We split, amicably, because he wasn't working, was depressed, couldn't deal with a relationship etc. I was hurt at the time because I felt he didn't really make much effort, but all in all, we parted with no real bad feelings.

So, a couple of months ago, I randomly text him. He's been working abroad hence why we're only meeting now. Our texts and emails have become quite risque over the last few weeks and I'm fully expecting that we will have sex tomorrow. The thing is that we were texting today and it was a bit smutty and I said, half jokingly, that conversation would also be required - i.e. I wasn't going to meet him and jump straight on him. So he replied and said that it was true, but it was worth remembering that we were meeting up for a drink, a laugh and possibly some fun rather than a 'date' and that he wasn't expecting anything to happen.

So, now I don't know how I feel. I've enjoyed the thrill of our texts and I want to sleep with him, although I'll admit that I was sort of hoping that it might be the start of re-kindling our relationship. He works abroad a lot so it would be very different as to how it was before. I don't just want to be someone that when he pops home he screws, although I suppose I haven't helped that with the texts. Should I just go tomorrow and see what happens or am I setting myself to get hurt again?

GB xx

Comments

• Options
    You should go but not sleep with him, resist the temptation. It will soon become apparent how he feels about you and how you feel about him.
  • Options
    Hmm sorry hun but it sounds like you are setting yourself up to be hurt again.

You split because he was't making an effort (ok it may have been because of other reasons but still)
    You're only talking now because you texted him, not the other way around. If you hadn't he probably wouldnt have got in touch with you
    He said himself its for 'fun' rather than a date.

If you think you can handle this not going further than tomorrow then go for it but just dont get your hopes up too high that he'll be what you want him to be. Sorry to be harsh but i've been in this situtaion before, thinking that he might have changed or want me now but it just ended up same as before.

Hope it goes well whatever you do :)
  • Options
    I feel even less sure now because he text me and told me that he's 'kind of seeing someone in the states' but they're not really seeing each other. They're not a couple. It's not a 'thing' but they are 'negotiating' whatever the fuck that means. I refuse to compete with anyone and yet... :(
  • Options
    Okay, that changes things. Stay away from him.
  • Options
    I actually kind of want to go just so I can give him my "I fight with no woman over men, thank you and goodnight!" speech :(
  • Options
    go if u really want to, but come away expecting to be hurt and definately DON'T have sex with him
  • Options
    Run away honey, he sounds worse than the FB idiot. I hate when guys use the words we are having "fun" ugh :(

I feel sorry for the girl he is "kind of seeing" bet she doesn't know he's such an ass! xxx