Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wondering just how much of a minority I am.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thomas started this thread as just something silly, but then everyone got all srs bsns about it. The icing on the buzzkill cake was the "rah, I hate all this minority hunting" comment. xD
  • Options
    xD I hate you people you're all buzz kills.

Suely this was the buzzkill, up untill that comment i see them as light hearted to be honest
  • Options
    Eh, I felt like the guy who had the need to explain the funniness of the thread by pointing out "oh wait, no one is the same so we are all different which makes is all minorities" was a sort of buzzkill. And then it just got worse when we started discussing minorites as a serious topic and being told that "No, this is an advice site, no one has fun ever," haha.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to raise a stink. I'm not overly concerned with this. It was just amazing how fast this went from silliness to srs bsns.
  • Options
    Eh, I felt like the guy who had the need to explain the funniness of the thread by pointing out "oh wait, no one is the same so we are all different which makes is all minorities" was a sort of buzzkill. And then it just got worse when we started discussing minorites as a serious topic and being told that "No, this is an advice site, no one has fun ever," haha.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to raise a stink. I'm not overly concerned with this. It was just amazing how fast this went from silliness to srs bsns.

Meh i just can't see it, i think you maybe take things to literaly but heh i don't wana fight *hug*
  • Options
    Nah, I wasn't trying to start a fight either. I'm pretty non-confrontational, haha.
  • Options
    *Raises hand* I'm the confrontational one.
  • Options
    welllll I'M half american, half english and got red hair right now. so ner :p

and I'm bored and canny sleep :(
  • Options
    I'm the only purple starfish here. So what? :cool:
  • Options
    kezia wrote: »
    welllll I'M half american, half english and got red hair right now. so ner :p

and I'm bored and canny sleep :(

"Right now"? What color is it naturally, may I ask?
  • Options
    "Right now"? What color is it naturally, may I ask?
    welllll I'm not 100% seeing as I've not seen it in a while but most likely by now that crappy mousey browney colour that girls hair seems to go when boys colour never does. :/ grr.

now I like being orangey red tho :D
    <3 gingerssss.
  • Options
    Oh god another soulless poster.
  • Options
    You guys really can't have fun can you?

we were having fun. It might have been a little dry.
  • Options
    Americans have wet humor. :x
  • Options
    kezia wrote: »
    that crappy mousey browney colour that girls hair seems to go when boys colour never does.

Rich's hair is that colour :yes:.

So is Boy's, actually :chin:.

I miss my red hair :(. But I know that if I dyed my hair red again I'd get bored of it and then fuck it all up again.
  • Options
    'Minority hunting '
    What does it mean...

It means identifying people by their minority status, and then searching for the minority in what you do to prove that you don't discriminate.

An example would be identifying someone in the group as being good to have their because they are a 4 legged alien, and thus bring the 4 legged alien contribution to the group, rather than seeing their contribution to the group as coming from their individual skills and ignoring whether they are an alien, a monster or a kangaroo.

Until we stop looking at 'what' people are and instead see them for who they are as a person we'll get no where near equality.

Some people struggle to see the difference between the two, or the down sides of positive discrimination, but long term it's pretty key to understand the concept.

Some people may have wanted a giggle in this thread, but it doesn't stop another perspective being valid.
  • Options
    'Minority hunting '

have wanted a giggle in this thread, but it doesn't stop another perspective being valid.

:yes:
    I wouldnt have called it buzz killing. You can still turn every thread into jokes if you want to, but its fine if people say something serious too.
    Its not unusual for this site either
  • Options
    I've just been talking to Her Maj and she's asked me to pass this message on:
    Dear Colonial Cousins

The responses in these thread are what we Brits (and Germans!) refer to as "taking the piss". All of the comments are a form of light hearted and dry humour.

I know that you have never recovered from us walking away from you back in 1776. Perhaps you should talk it over with your therapist.

Regards

Your Queen (QEII)
  • Options
    I actually can understand most of your dry humor and was enjoying it up until the "minority hunting" post.

It does seem however that you guys call getting your ass kicked walking away so that might be something that the Americans on here may get confused by every now and then.
  • Options
    I think history records that the British walked away from the Colonies mainly because it was financally crippling keeping such long supply lines open and fighting over such a vaste area.
    It also records that it was actually the French joining forces with the Patriots that proved to be the final straw for the British.

It is also very very widely accepted that throughout much of history and in particular the time around the the late 17th and early 18th centuries the British Army and Navy were by far the best fighting forces in the world.

Anyway all this happened such along time ago i really do think you should move on :yes:

Peace and Love :thumb:
  • Options
    I'm a red haired, green eyed left handed woman...wonder how many other of us there are?
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    I think history records that the British walked away from the Colonies

.. or maybe I was just joking about that to pull the Yanks chain a little to see if they would bite ... :)
  • Options
    I once saw an elderly Chinese man who was 6ft tall and had ginger hair. That's a fucking minority.
  • Options
    I once saw an elderly Chinese man who was 6ft tall and had ginger hair. That's a fucking minority.

ROFL
  • Options

LMAO I would love to see that