Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

An Important Announcement by Hellfire

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Z Day, Zombie Day, Apocalypse, the undead rising, the walking dead, Whatever you wish to call it, the majority of people reading this will have at one point or another discussed, or even planned their scenario for such an event. I know I have, so today, while I was having a much needed massage for my dear screwed up back, (which was fantastic as normal) between the haze of sleep and relaxation I started thinking more about my Zday plans. I started off by going through the usual stuff, Living on Arran makes it easy, cut of the ferries and quaratine the island, but lets be honest, the zombies will get here. Next I thought about ships, Aircraft Carriers, etc I know some large ex battleships have come up for sail, but lets face it with a much demanding wife and two young boys, I don't excatly have the money to throw down on an ex battleship, shame I know,

Some how my thoughts had drifted over to the wild west, mainly due to watching so much of the 1998 series of Magnificent Seven recently, but I realised, lets be honest, Cowboys and Gunslingers would have their arse handed to them, and then it suddenly popped into my head.

WHO WOULD BE THE GREATEST SUPERHERO TO FIGHT ZOMBIES?

Well if you think of your general superheroes, you've got Spiderman, Na, to much exposed flesh, Batman, bit of a twat really and again, exposed, then it hit me,

IRON MAN, Yes, the one and only Tony Stark (I did watch Iron man the over day, I love Robert Downey Jr) His entire suit is comprised of high strengh material, none of his flesh is exposed. and then I realised, well truth be told, again, I really cannot afford the R&D and building costs of created and powering an Iron Man suit, (I worked it out and I fall short by a few trillion pounds) but hang on a second you may say "what about current body armour?" well yeah, against bullets current body armour works well, but Zombies, they'd find all the little un protected slots and rip it off of you, most body armour are held together with frabric in between the kevlar and plates, (trust me I own a couple of sets) so it really would offer some protection, but not enough. I lay there in my half sleep, half day dream slumber and forget what I had been thinking, My Plans and idea's had come up with nothing useful,

Then it hit me, going back to Iron Man, maybe it wasn't all impossible, I was thinking modern, futuristic, that isn't what we need, we need to go old school. we need to go back to a form of protection that covers your whole body, and that my friends is full plate mail armour, for those of you who do not know, full plate armour consists of three layers and was used my knights in medievil times, if you've seen "A Knights Tale" you'll kinda know what I am on about, Your first layer is padding, Leather bound, light and durable, it absorbs the impact of the blow, second layer is chainmail, the chainmail is designed in such away as it stops anything peircing it, and then the plate armour, thick, strong and no zombie could peirce.

Abiet you'll be slowed down with the plate armour, but you'll be a human tank, zombies can't rip it off, peirce it or bite it, your helmet my be a problem but weild it shut or bolt it onto the armour and your shorter

So, I put it to you my friends, when the day comes, make sure you've purchased your replica/vintange full plate mail armour used in the medievil times, I know I will and mixed with some weaponry, could save your life.

That is all my friends,

Good luck and God speed to you all

Comments

• Options
    Someone's been at the cooking sherry.
  • Options
    oh yea. full plate armour is a swell idea. Unluckily if 2 or 3 zombies knock you down you are on your back like a tortoise unable to get up or properly fight. And then you are just some tasty meal on a silver platter, or iron platter in this case.

People who are among the first casualties when the zombie apocalypse comes: Hellfire.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    "Important Announcement" should only be used if it's actually important.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    oh yea. full plate armour is a swell idea. Unluckily if 2 or 3 zombies knock you down you are on your back like a tortoise unable to get up or properly fight. And then you are just some tasty meal on a silver platter, or iron platter in this case.

People who are among the first casualties when the zombie apocalypse comes: Hellfire.
    :D:heart:
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »

and tell me, even if knocked on your back, how will a zombie get through the plate armour?
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    and tell me, even if knocked on your back, how will a zombie get through the plate armour?
    They wont, but you also wont be able to stand up again. So you're gonna end up being Zombie food regardless.
  • Options
    Hmmm, depends, I am sure with modern techniques a full plate armour could be designed which would still allow protection, but also allow mobility.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    "Important Announcement" should only be used if it's actually important.
    I have to agree with that.

As for superheroes, Darkwing Duck.
  • Options
    Erm .. zombies aren't real. :p;):)
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Erm .. zombies aren't real. :p;):)

Yet!!!!... just you wait.. you'll see.
  • Options
    This whole thread makes my brain hurt.
  • Options
    Erm haven't any of you been watching 'Walking dead'? It is a documentary you know...

lol
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    This whole thread makes my brain hurt.

Then don't read ;)
  • Options
    :nervous: :lol: Yeah, just watch the documentary instead
  • Options
    Then don't read ;)
    THAT IS DIFFICULT since you posted it on Facebook as well...
  • Options

you know, you have to somehow get INTO that armour. It might have a helmet that is not glued on to the rest of the armour. They are zombies, and they are stupid, yea, I hear you, but the urge to consume tasty human brain makes them figure out quick enough to get off that helmet and then they will feast on your yummy face so quick that you wish you were naked and death would come sooner.

Your idea made me think of this actually:

cunning_plan.jpg&t=1
  • Options
    What was that ludicrous zombie movie where the ending was the humans realising the zombies 'were just looking for a home'?
  • Options
    THAT IS DIFFICULT since you posted it on Facebook as well...

Again.. simply browse past it..

As to those who said it is not being important Z day is very important I'll have you know.:yes:

And.. got any better ideas on how to fight off the hordes of the undead.
  • Options
    It seems you underestimate my boredom.
  • Options
    It seems you underestimate my boredom.

It seems I was wrong as I thought talk of zombies and survival would be beneath someone such as yourself.:razz:
  • Options
    You are wrong.

I have L4D2 SKILLZ.

Not that I can play it right now, but SKILLZ, yo.
  • Options
    Hmmm.. L4D2 is brilliant but we all know resident evil is king of the zombie genre,
  • Options
    *wouldn't know*

I'll just stick to L4D2. Even if I do keep getting lost :blush:.
  • Options
    Arthas Menethil - King of Zombies.
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    Arthas Menethil - King of Zombies.
    :heart:.

Now I have Jaina's little, 'I'm sorry, Arthas...' in my head. GIT.
  • Options
    Well...I'm convinced. I'm going to buy this outfit and go kill some mother fucking zombies:

7436-m.jpg

Fuck. Yes.

Although, this might be better:

31026-m.jpg

The zombies will think I'm a gorilla and leave me alone. Until they realise that "wait, gorilla's don't carry shotguns!". BUT IT WILL BE TOO LATE FOR THEM!
  • Options
    Z Day, Zombie Day, Apocalypse, the undead rising, the walking dead, Whatever you wish to call it, the majority of people reading this will have at one point or another discussed, or even planned their scenario for such an event. I know I have, so today, while I was having a much needed massage for my dear screwed up back, (which was fantastic as normal) between the haze of sleep and relaxation I started thinking more about my Zday plans. I started off by going through the usual stuff, Living on Arran makes it easy, cut of the ferries and quaratine the island, but lets be honest, the zombies will get here. Next I thought about ships, Aircraft Carriers, etc I know some large ex battleships have come up for sail, but lets face it with a much demanding wife and two young boys, I don't excatly have the money to throw down on an ex battleship, shame I know,

Some how my thoughts had drifted over to the wild west, mainly due to watching so much of the 1998 series of Magnificent Seven recently, but I realised, lets be honest, Cowboys and Gunslingers would have their arse handed to them, and then it suddenly popped into my head.

WHO WOULD BE THE GREATEST SUPERHERO TO FIGHT ZOMBIES?

Well if you think of your general superheroes, you've got Spiderman, Na, to much exposed flesh, Batman, bit of a twat really and again, exposed, then it hit me,

IRON MAN, Yes, the one and only Tony Stark (I did watch Iron man the over day, I love Robert Downey Jr) His entire suit is comprised of high strengh material, none of his flesh is exposed. and then I realised, well truth be told, again, I really cannot afford the R&D and building costs of created and powering an Iron Man suit, (I worked it out and I fall short by a few trillion pounds) but hang on a second you may say "what about current body armour?" well yeah, against bullets current body armour works well, but Zombies, they'd find all the little un protected slots and rip it off of you, most body armour are held together with frabric in between the kevlar and plates, (trust me I own a couple of sets) so it really would offer some protection, but not enough. I lay there in my half sleep, half day dream slumber and forget what I had been thinking, My Plans and idea's had come up with nothing useful,

Then it hit me, going back to Iron Man, maybe it wasn't all impossible, I was thinking modern, futuristic, that isn't what we need, we need to go old school. we need to go back to a form of protection that covers your whole body, and that my friends is full plate mail armour, for those of you who do not know, full plate armour consists of three layers and was used my knights in medievil times, if you've seen "A Knights Tale" you'll kinda know what I am on about, Your first layer is padding, Leather bound, light and durable, it absorbs the impact of the blow, second layer is chainmail, the chainmail is designed in such away as it stops anything peircing it, and then the plate armour, thick, strong and no zombie could peirce.

Abiet you'll be slowed down with the plate armour, but you'll be a human tank, zombies can't rip it off, peirce it or bite it, your helmet my be a problem but weild it shut or bolt it onto the armour and your shorter

So, I put it to you my friends, when the day comes, make sure you've purchased your replica/vintange full plate mail armour used in the medievil times, I know I will and mixed with some weaponry, could save your life.

That is all my friends,

Good luck and God speed to you all

... I feel like you should read this.
    http://books.google.com/ebooks?id=4mcT7A371xQC&dq&utm_source=HA&utm_medium=SKWS-Titles&utm_campaign=launch

There's a section in there explaining why plate armor would be a horrible idea if you were to be attacked by zombies.

Really your best bet is going to be a thick pair of pants, hiking boots which you have already broken in, and leather gloves and jacket.:cool:
  • Options
    I think we should poke them. with long sticks.
  • Options
    Having nice hair, nice shoes, a cute puppy, a lisp and a limpy wrist. I'll blend in. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZuK_wYrqp8