Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Masturbation Advice ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Before my current girlfriend and I dated I masturbated quite often. I figured that once I got a girlfriend and was getting sex on a regular basis the frequency that I would masturbate would cease or decrease quite a bit. Since then I masturbate just as often. Is it possible that masturbating became such a routine that I do it out of habit now? I want to point out that as though I masturbate often it has not posed any kind of problems (hasn't interfered with our relationship, work, daily life, etc...) but it's the first thing I do when I wake up, am alone, before I go to sleep, etc... Advice? Suggestions? Has/Does anyone else experience this ?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I dont do that much anymore, it takes too long!

When your a teen you train yourselve for a quick wank, then you meet a girl and try to last longer, then you cant have a quick wank anymore, its catch 22.. :d
  • Options
    tell you the truth i do the same thing but they way i get around it is just be busy throughout the day to where you are really sleepy at night so you just skip it at all times. Just find things to do besides masturbating. it always helps for me :)
  • Options
    Jackson24 wrote: »
    I want to point out that as though I masturbate often it has not posed any kind of problems (hasn't interfered with our relationship, work, daily life, etc...) but it's the first thing I do when I wake up, am alone, before I go to sleep, etc... Advice? Suggestions? Has/Does anyone else experience this ?

That's your answer really. If it's not causing you any issues with other parts of your life, go for it. If it's pleasurable, enjoy it. You'll likely outgrow it in time anyway and your prostate will thank you for it later. :)
  • Options
    Prostate

What does masterbating do for your prostate???
  • Options
    Married37 wrote: »
    What does masterbating do for your prostate???

There are a number of articles about it but this will give you the gist :

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3942-masturbating-may-protect-against-prostate-cancer.html

:)