Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

non hormonal birth control

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Besides male condoms... does anybody use them (like film, gel, sponge, cap...) and what are your opinions, experiences? I've been contemplating coming off my hormonal birth control and need an alternative. Copper IUD doesn't interest me.

I'd just like some personal tales to know what I'm dealing with before I head to the gyno to discuss it further.

Comments

• Options
    I have a copper coil...
  • Options
    I've thought about it but I couldn't take even a chance of a longer or heavier period... off bc or on anything but my 24day pill its like the Hoover busted for ~10 days already :crazyeyes Plus insertion would be a bit pricey. I just want to be a more natural kind of person and don't want medication and hormones floating around me.
  • Options
    There is the temperature method, but the couples they go by it are colloquially called "parents".
  • Options
    do we have those other methods in the uk? film, gel, sponge? i know we have the cap. is gel the same as the spermicide stuff u put on a diaphram?
  • Options
    Have you seen Brook's contraception tool? It asks you a series of questions about your preferences/lifestyle etc and comes up with options based on what you tell them. Brook is a UK charity but their suggestions might help you decide.

:)