Home Travel & Free Time Creative
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

christmas hamper

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its coming up to that time of year again and I want to get a bit creative with my crimbo pressies this year, I want to make a hamper up for my nan and my grandad (seperate sides of family). I am looking for suggestions as to what to go in it, I have thought of crimbo cake and jam (does anyone have a favourite recipy they use?)

Thanks

AFA

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its not even September yet!!
    I know lol, but I know that xmas cake takes a while to mature and as I am starting my xmas shopping next week I'm trying to gather ideas. lol
    I use Delia's crimbo cake. comes out really dark and heavy, bit like a christmas pud if they like it that rich.
  • littlemissylittlemissy knit chick Posts: 9,972
    I can vouch for delia's christmas cake - i make it every year, it's delish :yum:

As for hamper ideas, I am also looking at doing this. There are loads of things you can make, particularly on a budget. You can do pickled onions, chutney, preserved fruit (peaches / pears etc), biscuits closer to the time, oil.

I'm also looking at doing some home made soap this year - it's really quite cheap to do. Just fiddly. And I'm going to make dishcloths too.
    loool good on ya for thinkking early ive brought some xxmas pressies already haha :)
    ermm... what about chocies? short bread xx
    We've made the made the same Christmas cake for years. Not sure which recipe it is. My brother usually makes it.
    a photo of you and if you have brothers and sisters, them too.

grandparents love that