Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

christmas hamper

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its coming up to that time of year again and I want to get a bit creative with my crimbo pressies this year, I want to make a hamper up for my nan and my grandad (seperate sides of family). I am looking for suggestions as to what to go in it, I have thought of crimbo cake and jam (does anyone have a favourite recipy they use?)

Thanks

AFA

Comments

• Options
    Its not even September yet!!
  • Options
    I know lol, but I know that xmas cake takes a while to mature and as I am starting my xmas shopping next week I'm trying to gather ideas. lol
  • Options
    I use Delia's crimbo cake. comes out really dark and heavy, bit like a christmas pud if they like it that rich.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I can vouch for delia's christmas cake - i make it every year, it's delish :yum:

As for hamper ideas, I am also looking at doing this. There are loads of things you can make, particularly on a budget. You can do pickled onions, chutney, preserved fruit (peaches / pears etc), biscuits closer to the time, oil.

I'm also looking at doing some home made soap this year - it's really quite cheap to do. Just fiddly. And I'm going to make dishcloths too.
  • Options
    loool good on ya for thinkking early ive brought some xxmas pressies already haha :)
    ermm... what about chocies? short bread xx
  • Options
    We've made the made the same Christmas cake for years. Not sure which recipe it is. My brother usually makes it.
  • Options
    a photo of you and if you have brothers and sisters, them too.

grandparents love that