Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

casual sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have had more casual sex than real relationships. I feel real dirty. I think that I really need to do something so that I can be in a real relationship. But my need for sex gets in the way. I'm not meant to even lose my virginity til marriage but too late for that. any support or advise would be good

Comments

• Options
    Lots of people lose their virginity before marriage, I dont think that is something to get too hung up about on. If you like sex and enjoy it, dont see it as a hinderance. If you are careful and use protection then its your business and you should live your life as you enjoy it. You shouldnt feel dirty about it.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Ohhh wish i had that problem :d

I believe that sex is a great and healthy way to get awesome pleasure have fun and release pent up emotions so don't get hung up about the morals to much, just stay safe be chosey and always always put a condom on his willy :thumb:
  • Options
    sapphire wrote: »
    I have had more casual sex than real relationships. I feel real dirty. I think that I really need to do something so that I can be in a real relationship. But my need for sex gets in the way. I'm not meant to even lose my virginity til marriage but too late for that. any support or advise would be good

You need to jettison that religio-guilt straight away. In fact, if you feel bad about anything on religious grounds then I suggest that's a pretty good indicator that you should do it, especially if it involves coveting your neighbour's ass.

If you enjoy it and you're not hurting yourself or anyone else, then saturate yourself with it.
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    If you like sex and enjoy it, dont see it as a hinderance. If you are careful and use protection then its your business and you should live your life as you enjoy it

:yes:

As long as you're safe and not hurting anyone then its your business what you do, dont let anyone make you feel dirty. When the time comes to settle down in a relationship, you'll know its right.
  • Options
    I agree with everyone here. There's absolutely nothing wrong with casual sex/relationships. I'm similarly inclined, myself.

Just not ready to be in a serious, emotional relationship, but I love the company of men, love the intimacy, and love sex. As long as you're being safe and doing your best not to lead anyone on, you're fine. In fact, it sounds like you're more than fine! :P

Don't let other people's judgements and idealisms dictate what you do with your life, in any aspect. It's your choice, and your body.
  • Options
    Yeah i agree with what everyone else has said. Enjoy it!
  • Options
    +1 As long are you are clear with your intentions (you tell the person you are sleeping with that it's not going to lead to a relationship) then everything is good. you know they say practice makes perfect heh heh
  • Options
    I have nothing against casual relationships per se, but as someone that went through, well quite frankly a total slapper phase, I would give a word of caution just to balance off the way this thread is going.

When I had a hell of a lot of one nighters with people I didn't give a flying fuck about, for a while I really enjoyed the attention after a nasty break-up. The feeling of being desirable can almost be addictive.

But, when done to excess, casual sex can really throw your perspective out of whack. I got to the stage where I had done it so many times without repercussions that the possibility of any seemed slight.

One night I found myself in a situation where I didn't really have a choice about it, and with little memory of what happened. Having a speculum up your cootch with the lady on the other end saying 'hmm, I cant quite seem to find your cervix', and samples taken from every hole you possess because you cant remember if the twat that date-raped you used protection is not fun.

For whatever reason, this didn't stop me from continuing with casual and anonymous sex. After a while, I did begin to realise that this was no way to live and yes, in this situation it did make me feel dirty.

I know my situation was different to yours, and at risk of spelling out the obvious I guess what I hope you take from it is this:
    Safe, casual sex in moderation can be fun, pleasurable, and really scratch an itch, but don't overdo it. Limit your partners, even if it is only casual. Make sure you trust the guy, and you're safe. Make sure your friends know where you are, and make sure you can say no.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input.
    I really appreshiate it.
    I am bisexual so I have had threesomes and a lot of casual sex, I was planning to go out with a new guy just so I can have sex with him, I don't want to now, I think i would be leading him on. :yuck:
  • Options
    sapphire wrote: »
    Thanks for all the input.
    I really appreshiate it.
    I am bisexual so I have had threesomes and a lot of casual sex, I was planning to go out with a new guy just so I can have sex with him, I don't want to now, I think i would be leading him on. :yuck:

Good stuff, at least you can realise that! Some girls (and boys) dont bother to think about the whole leading them on thing. So, nice one :)