Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Passed my driving test :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I passed today!! :d

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations! Where are you going to go for your first solo drive?
  • Options
    woo...well done :yippe: :)
  • Options
    Congratulations! Hit that Motorway to build up the confidence! :)
  • Options
    Well done :yippe:
  • Options
    Thanks Guys! :d

Butterflykisses - haha unfortunately it was to my work :impissed: :lol:

CoolMe - I will do :D , going to a safari park next week with my friends so I'll have to motorway drive!, Although my family are going on holiday on Sunday and want a lift to Glasgow at 4:30am...I think I might pass somehow :lol:

Scary stuff driving alone!
  • Options
    Welcome to the mad house that is the UK's roads.

Drive safely. And by that, I mean don't drive like a BMW driver.
  • Options
    Congrats!! it took me 4 times :p
  • Options
    :thumb:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Drive safely. And by that, I mean don't drive like a BMW driver.

I've heard something about BMW drivers but I have no idea what it is :lol:

Skakitty -yeah this was my 2nd time, first time was a pretty stupid mistake tbh :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Well done :)
  • Options
    I've heard something about BMW drivers but I have no idea what it is :lol:
    It's a modern phenomenon that scientists and doctors everywhere have yet to be able to explain. It's an illness that appears that whenever someone enters a BMW in the driver's seat and then switches the engine on. At this point, they inexplicably become utterly selfish, inconsiderate wankers who think they're the only people on the road. Typical signs of this include overtaking in dangerous areas, a failure to indicate whenever they're turning off a road/changing lanes/approaching a roundabout and generally being an arse.

The only known cure, as of the time of writing this, is to drive another vehicle.

It's a crying shame, as BMWs are incredibly well-designed and engineered cars.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It's a modern phenomenon that scientists and doctors everywhere have yet to be able to explain. It's an illness that appears that whenever someone enters a BMW in the driver's seat and then switches the engine on. At this point, they inexplicably become utterly selfish, inconsiderate wankers who think they're the only people on the road. Typical signs of this include overtaking in dangerous areas, a failure to indicate whenever they're turning off a road/changing lanes/approaching a roundabout and generally being an arse.

The only known cure, as of the time of writing this, is to drive another vehicle.

It's a crying shame, as BMWs are incredibly well-designed and engineered cars.

Yes, that's exactly what happens when *anyone* drives a BMW. Sweeping statement by any chance? Idiot.

To the OP, ignore this. Congratulations, btw. My advice? There are idiots that drives in all types of car - keep an eye out and expect the unexpected. And enjoy learning to drive ;)
  • Options
    Yes, that's exactly what happens when *anyone* drives a BMW. Sweeping statement by any chance? Idiot.
    *starts wondering what vehicle LittleMissy drives. Is on a teacher's salary, so bound to be driving something very pleasant*
  • Options
    *starts wondering what vehicle LittleMissy drives. Is on a teacher's salary, so bound to be driving something very pleasant*

I drive a Yaris, but that's not the point. And yes, a part time teachers salary with a 1y/o will get me very far in the world :lol:

You simply have no clue. Idiot drivers are in all makes of car. I was cut up rather badly by a volvo the other day. I'm not tarnishing all volvo drivers with the same sentiments as you seem to be doing against BMW drivers.
  • Options
    I drive a Yaris...
    They're nice enough cars.
    Idiot drivers are in all makes of car...
    I couldn't have put it better myself.
    I was cut up rather badly by a volvo the other day. I'm not tarnishing all volvo drivers with the same sentiments as you seem to be doing against BMW drivers.
    And how do you know this is based on just one BMW driver? Since I got my driving licence three years ago, I reckon I've probably done near enough 50,000 miles by now, and I've yet to see a car driven more badly than the average BMW.

Though one group I'm happy to speak up for is white van man drivers. They're much better drivers than most, on the whole.
  • Options
    stuff

My point is that you are making rather huge assumptions and sweeping statements that are not fair. You cannot tarnish all of one particular group with the same brush. It's like me saying all muslims are terrorists.

Ok, rather extreme example but the point still stands.

Oh, and I don't believe that all muslims are terrorists, btw.
  • Options
    My point is that you are making rather huge assumptions and sweeping statements that are not fair. You cannot tarnish all of one particular group with the same brush.
    How dare me think negative thoughts about a particular group in society. I must report to Room 101 for re-education classes at once.
  • Options
    How dare me think negative thoughts about a particular group in society. I must report to Room 101 for re-education classes at once.

*sigh*

Another well won argument you have there. :thumb:

:|
  • Options
    They're nice enough cars. I couldn't have put it better myself. And how do you know this is based on just one BMW driver? Since I got my driving licence three years ago, I reckon I've probably done near enough 50,000 miles by now, and I've yet to see a car driven more badly than the average BMW.

I think the point is that you're basically spreading your prejudice onto a new driver, who should really form their own opinion.

Imagine if whilst she's looking out for one of your crazy BMW owners, for example, she misses the old biddy in the Honda Civic who happens to have turned across her path. Or the Audi driver doing a risky overtake. Or the Ford driver going the wrong way. Do you see?

I do drive a beemer by the way. But I won't take your comments personally, because I know they're not actually based on fact.
  • Options
    Don't worry Mist I wasn't influenced :P

In all seriousness if you buy a BMW you are not going to suddenly become a very arrogant driver, and mostly if people see a BMW they are not going to expect the driver to be really bad unless at the time they see them they give them reason at the time.
    It's just one of those sayings I suppose, not really a prejudice.
  • Options
    and OMG mist I love the cow!!! :D
    I have a cow collection at home so this is very exciting!:lol:
  • Options

Cows are wonderful.
  • Options

You should see our house. Hrm :|

Sometimes I do feel that there is such a thing as too many cows ...
  • Options

Sometimes I do feel that there is such a thing as too many cows ...

No it is not possible.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    I think the point is that you're basically spreading your prejudice onto a new driver, who should really form their own opinion.
    I'm not spreading anything. It's an opinion - many different opinions exist. I could yet be proven wrong, who knows.

Lovable_Secret, give it six months and then tell me what you think. :p
  • Options
    I agree you can never have too many cows!
    littlemissy...I want to see your house! :yippe:

There's this craft shop in my town called Craft Daft and because it's on a street called Cow Wynde the owner has made a huuuuge how theme! I love it!, complete with lifesize painted cow model out front that gets painted far from the original cow pattern at times....TIGER COW ::::D!

Stargalaxy...oh I will ;), I saw a BMW today...they were ok! :P
  • Options
    I said six months, not six minutes. :p
  • Options
    I agree you can never have too many cows!
    littlemissy...I want to see your house! :yippe:

There's this craft shop in my town called Craft Daft and because it's on a street called Cow Wynde the owner has made a huuuuge how theme! I love it!, complete with lifesize painted cow model out front that gets painted far from the original cow pattern at times....TIGER COW ::::D!

It's cow-city! Even our clock is a cow, and our daughter has a cow cup and numerous moo-ing objects. I think it is an obsession. Not mine, though!

Please don't tell my husband about that shop. Ooops ... :p
  • Options
    It's cow-city! Even our clock is a cow, and our daughter has a cow cup and numerous moo-ing objects. I think it is an obsession. Not mine, though!

Please don't tell my husband about that shop. Ooops ... :p

Oh my!:d
    LOVE!, my room is my own little space so it's the same, I have cow clocks, cutlery, cups, many figurines! :D
    I'm moving out into my first flat in a couple of weeks...my boyfriend doesn't know it yet, but it is going to be FULL of cows! :lol:

haha I won't ;)

star...it was almost 6days actually ;)
  • Options
    A BMW driver gave me a bunch of flowers, a foot massage and knitted me a scarf today - all while letting me out at a junction.