Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

marinade ideas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
have had this recommended to me to help me cut down on sauce consumption.

please suggest yummy recipes for marinade or one you buy, thanku x

Comments

• Options
    Usually. Something acidic - lemon/lime/orange juice or vinegar. Helps break down the meat so it's more tender.

Oil (though not absolutely necessary)

Garlic

Pepper and a bit of salt.

Appropriate herbs.

If you're roasting a joint, you can make cuts in the meat and push herbs/garlic in. Hardly any calories and tasty ! :)

You can do poultry in yoghurt with herbs.

Dry rubs, your favourite concotion of roasted and ground herbs. Lightly oil the meat then rub it in. A lot of North AFrican food is done with dry rubs.

Playin WOW at the mo, so i'll come back on this
  • Options
    bump x
  • Options
    I made a basil marinated fish the other day that was pretty good... can't guarantee my conversions though, sorry! I used http://www.jsward.com/cooking/conversion.shtml

60ml basil vinegar
    30ml olive oil
    15ml of fresh chopped basil, thyme, oregano, parsled or 5ml of each if they are dried
    15ml grated lemon peel
    salt and pepper

mix all together and marinate the fish in it refrigerated for 30 minutes then broil or grill

And I got this recipe but havn't tried it yet because I don't much like meat, though it says it is good for fish as well. It is an Israli spice rub from Rachel Ray (if you have her over yonder)
    45ml paprika
    45ml cumin
    5ml dried oregano
    5ml coriander
    7-15ml crushed red pepper flakes
    salt

rub the meat with olive oil and then rub the spice liberally on it. Let sit for 10 minutes then grill

Though I think you have a different term for grill so grill= the thing with charcole and broil=the part in the oven where the flame comes from the top and the pan is really close to it.
  • Options
    London Broil. Fantastic dish. Flank steak is really cheap and lean so depending on what you eat with it it with can make a healthy meal.

http://bbq.about.com/od/steakrecipes/r/bln0324b.htm