Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sick

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have just been looking up 9/11 on you tube (I recently went to New York and visited the WTC site) and now feel sick because down the side where clips of related videos are displayed there was loads about people committing suicide live on their webcams including a clip of a guy holding a gun to his head in one hand showing a suicide note in the other, and an image of a 19 year old who apparently commits suicide live on his webcam.

I didn't actually view these so they might not be real but I have heard people say about this sort of thing in the past so wouldn't be surprised if they were. This has actually made me feel really sick. Why would anybody want to watch such a thing? :confused: :banghead: :yuck:

Comments

• Options
    Why not, it's interesting? People would want to watch for the same reason as you wanted to look up 9/11.
  • Options
    Human nature i guess, it is a reminder of our own mortality..
    Which is morbid but then i think everyone finds themselves thinking about these things once in a while, if not more.
  • Options
    gah, i feel so sorry for the people (if they were real) that felt so shit they did that :( i've been on the recieving end of suicidal idealation and it's a fucking horrible place to be, poor people :(
  • Options
    Sounds really really bad, but ive seen worse. Its not good.
  • Options
    ...Personally, I've thought that suicide is more personal thing? So you wouldn't broadcast it over the internet? And... why would someone commit suicide holding a gun to their head, because it's highly likely to move out of place when you shoot and you could just get really bad brain damage?
    Ahh everyone's different I guess. :-/
    Xx
  • Options
    ...Personally, I've thought that suicide is more personal thing? So you wouldn't broadcast it over the internet? And... why would someone commit suicide holding a gun to their head, because it's highly likely to move out of place when you shoot and you could just get really bad brain damage?
    Ahh everyone's different I guess. :-/
    Xx

I guess with a gun, there is no way back :(

but i don't know why anyone would broadcast it :/
  • Options
    No, I always thought that if you "shoot yourself in the head" you hold the gun in your mouth pointing up? Because that why it wont slip and you definitely die??
    Xx
  • Options
    No, I always thought that if you "shoot yourself in the head" you hold the gun in your mouth pointing up? Because that why it wont slip and you definitely die??
    Xx

yeh, you are right :/ bizarre.
  • Options
    Xx

It's still more than possible for it to go wrong even with the method you mentioned. Plenty of people have just ended up maimed rather than dead. Some people have been shot or injured and lost substantial amounts of their head without actually dying. I always say to people that there is no guarantee when it comes to suicide, there are so many variables and the human body can survive some pretty horrendous things if the correct care is given in the correct amount of time. It really is a lottery, and one that can leave you far worse off than before.

As for the clips themselves, people who commit suicide on webcam often do so because they need people to push them over the line. Unfortunately there are plenty of evil and twisted people out there to egg them on. There have been a couple of high profile cases of webcam suicide that were actively encouraged by the viewing audience.

There are some horrendous things on the internet and they are not hard to find if you were looking. Clips of the worst possible injuries and attrocities. You have to just make the choice not to look. We are all curious about our own mortality, and we all sometimes need to look into the things that scare us most. The internet is too vast to police to any great extent, and as 100 sites are closed another 100 open the same day.
  • Options
    super147 wrote: »
    It's still more than possible for it to go wrong even with the method you mentioned. Plenty of people have just ended up maimed rather than dead. Some people have been shot or injured and lost substantial amounts of their head without actually dying. I always say to people that there is no guarantee when it comes to suicide, there are so many variables and the human body can survive some pretty horrendous things if the correct care is given in the correct amount of time. It really is a lottery, and one that can leave you far worse off than before.

As for the clips themselves, people who commit suicide on webcam often do so because they need people to push them over the line. Unfortunately there are plenty of evil and twisted people out there to egg them on. There have been a couple of high profile cases of webcam suicide that were actively encouraged by the viewing audience.

There are some horrendous things on the internet and they are not hard to find if you were looking. Clips of the worst possible injuries and attrocities. You have to just make the choice not to look. We are all curious about our own mortality, and we all sometimes need to look into the things that scare us most. The internet is too vast to police to any great extent, and as 100 sites are closed another 100 open the same day.
    +1

This is a good post and you should feel good.
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    Have just been looking up 9/11 on you tube (I recently went to New York and visited the WTC site) and now feel sick because down the side where clips of related videos are displayed there was loads about people committing suicide live on their webcams including a clip of a guy holding a gun to his head in one hand showing a suicide note in the other, and an image of a 19 year old who apparently commits suicide live on his webcam.

I didn't actually view these so they might not be real but I have heard people say about this sort of thing in the past so wouldn't be surprised if they were. This has actually made me feel really sick. Why would anybody want to watch such a thing? :confused: :banghead: :yuck:

These were all on YouTube??? Are you sure they were not 'fake' suicides? I would have thought YouTube would withdraw explicit death videos like that ... ? :confused:
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    These were all on YouTube??? Are you sure they were not 'fake' suicides? I would have thought YouTube would withdraw explicit death videos like that ... ? :confused:

It's possible that they were fake, I don't know as I didn't actually view them. Even if they were fake though they do exist elsewhere on the net so it is equally as disturbing to me to be honest. I remember afew years ago a friend of mine watching someone get beheaded. :no:
  • Options
    It's possible that they were fake, I don't know as I didn't actually view them. Even if they were fake though they do exist elsewhere on the net so it is equally as disturbing to me to be honest. I remember afew years ago a friend of mine watching someone get beheaded. :no:

The saddam hussein video that went around like lightning, was genuine, and I know a few people who watched it.
  • Options
    Oh god I've seen that one. It was horrible :(