Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pregnancy test tomorrow.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go to the doctors.
    Xx
  • Options
    Well i thought i was pregnant a few months ago and i was scared as hell as my period was a month late took a test and it came up as negative and i stil havnt had a period lik 3months later( Im not pregnant) Im 20 aswell and i have really irrate periods.
    But as you have a faint line coming up you should really go to your doctors and see. hiding wont help this.
    Good luckx
  • Options
    did another test (digital this time) which came back as negitive. Still no period so a waiting game i think.
  • Options
    Just to let you know, for anyone that may be interested (!) my period has finally put in an appearance!

I'm still not sure why I got that faint positive, or why it was so late- maybe I was pregnant breifly. Either way I am so relived I don't now have to make the biggest decision of my life; raising a baby or ending a life. If I'm being honest, a part of me is oddly disapointed - I think because I was finally getting my head around the idea that I would not have been able to have an abortion. So nearly did my life take a totally different direction, but all I can say is that it's been a learning curve and I think I know a lot more about me now.

Thank you so much to everyone who posted on this thread, your support was very much appreciated. When I couldn't talk to my family and was scared of being judged by my freinds you were here to chew it over with.
  • Options
    thats great news PHEW!
  • Options
    I was a few days late once, I took a pregnancy test and it was extremely faintly positive. I got my period the same evening. I saw my doctor and she told me that a fertilised egg may not have been able to implant properly, causing the pregnancy hormone (to give a positive result) to produce a little bit but the pregnancy not being able to sustain itself. Apparently it is quite common but most women don't even realise it happens. I'd never even heard of that happening before. So that may explain your faint positive, although of course I couldn't tell you that for sure as I'm no doctor!

Wow i've never heard of that before. Worth bearing in mind in case this happens again
  • Options
    its becoming a lot more common because of the rise of very early result pregnancy tests. Years ago, people would just have been none the wiser.
    Its basically an extremely early miscarriage
  • Options
    Its basically an extremely early miscarriage

Its very werid when its put in that context :\
  • Options
    It has happened to me. I thought I read a faint line but wasn't sure. Got wasted, looked at it again drunk and thought there was a definite line. Got more wasted. Passed out on bathroom floor. Took another in the morning -negative. Came on.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    It has happened to me.

Me too. I only knew about it cause I was actively trying for a baby, so testing early, otherwise I'd never have known.

It's really common, and definitely not a sign that there's anything wrong with you or your ability to have kids in the future, just in case there's any worrying anywhere :)
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    It's really common, and definitely not a sign that there's anything wrong with you or your ability to have kids in the future, just in case there's any worrying anywhere :)

I was worrying about that!
  • Options
    Sorry to drag this out again, I think maybe I just need to get this out more than I need to get a response. I know it wasn't so long ago, but I still feel quite messed up about this. I was so convinced that I was pregnant, and while I was scared I was adjusting; I was at the point where I was thinking 'pregnant then, how is life with a kid going to work?', not 'do I keep it or not?'. I hadn't really admitted it to myself but I would have kept it. And then all of a sudden it was gone, or never there at all. So silly really, at most a chemical pregnancy and nothing more. But I feel like I've lost a child, and no-one gets it- or they never knew.
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    Sorry to drag this out again, I think maybe I just need to get this out more than I need to get a response. I know it wasn't so long ago, but I still feel quite messed up about this. I was so convinced that I was pregnant, and while I was scared I was adjusting; I was at the point where I was thinking 'pregnant then, how is life with a kid going to work?', not 'do I keep it or not?'. I hadn't really admitted it to myself but I would have kept it. And then all of a sudden it was gone, or never there at all. So silly really, at most a chemical pregnancy and nothing more. But I feel like I've lost a child, and no-one gets it- or they never knew.

Wow thats really sad, im so sorry you are feeling so bad over this.
    Its not at all silly though to have these feelings you are mourning the loss of a baby that deep down you actually were very happy about having.
    You cant keep this to yourself you need to talk it through with a friend maybe or even your gp.
    You cant just bury these emotions and carry on.
    Big hugs from me i think you need them xx
  • Options

That's so sad but I can imagine how you feel :(
    Is a chemical pregnancy like one that isn't really noticed and is gone before it is there?
  • Options

I know it's hard sweetie, but you've got your WHOLE life ahead of you to have children :) *Hugs* from me. Maybe you could go to your doctor, and explain to them. I'm sure they'll be able to tell your more about chemical pregnancies etc and that might help you come to terms with it.
    Xx
  • Options

thats a really normal way to feel after a pregnancy scare. Just try and remember the reasons you didnt want to be pregnant. Maybe it just made you realise that its definitely something you want in your future
  • Options
    Thank you very much everyone. I missed a tutorial when this all happened and today had to face the lecturer and ended up crying. I emotionally it may take a while to balance myself out especially with the depression.

You learn to read the signs with depression though, of when you're going into a downer, which is something, and i think i am now - I'm very mood swingy and sometimes just don't have the energy to talk to people. I work with children and am often surrounded by babies, pregnant parents, even the resent eastenders story has got me wobbly! It is so exhausting fighting feeling down, but hearing this support and experience has helped a lot. thankyou.

**edit. I meant to add - I haven't told the ex any of this has happened. He is a lovely, lovely guy but we are in different places in our lives, we ended on good terms but are not in contact. He recently had a particularly upsetting family bereavement so I just thought he probably wouldn't benefit any from knowing about this. Did I do the right thing? Are there any guys that have an input on this?
  • Options
    personally i think u did right thing. you needed to find out first before saying anything to him However it might be an idea to talk to him on later date when its calm for both you and him. it might benifit both of you two. how are you feeling?