Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Robin Hood movie upcoming

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone else seen or heard about this upcoming Robin Hood movie? I just saw a new trailer on the web and it's better than all I've seen before that. Anyone else psyched up for this flick? I think it'll rock but I'm a huge Russell Crowe fan so I wouldn't mind hearing some more objective opinions.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    If its anything like gladiator-esque acting (Crowe) then I will most likely be enjoying it.
  • Options
    i think that this may end up being utter shite, i want it to be awesome and i'm going to see it but...as with films like this i may end up prefering the cartoon version
  • Options
    I think people go and watch films, they think they are shite because they havnt managed to live up to the hype, though are still good films if people kept an open mind.
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    i think that this may end up being utter shite, i want it to be awesome and i'm going to see it but...as with films like this i may end up prefering the cartoon version

I have that thought in the back of my mind with almost every movie, but this is Ridley Scott and Crowe....some people didn't like Body of Lies or American Gangster, but c'mon, Gladiator was awesome and this is similar: a big, historical epic with Crowe kicking straight up ass for two and a half hours. Throw in some Cate Blanchett and you've got a winner. As in, Oscars.
  • Options
    I am excited for this movie too...I love old timey, almost fairy tale like settings and Robin Hood has always seemed very romantic to me.
  • Options
    The trailer looked good.
  • Options
    Stenzmann wrote: »
    Yeah they are hyping this movie like crazy, too. Universal is giving away $40,000 to charities for their Lionhearts Initiative.

Thanks for that link...that's an interesting thing they are doing.