Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

OH OH OH! yet another rant about my f*cked up love live!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
HA! fml! seriously, i hate my love life, thats about all i hate atm, i have an amazing group of friends, band, hockey and skating all going well atm its just everytime i fall for a girl they always seem to have a boyfriend or don't like me in the same way

Is it me? What attracts me about girls with bfs, ffs, i get on really well with them its just someone always is dating them! i don't get it! And when they are single i chat to them, try to be a nice guy but also show that i'm attracted to them to see if they feel the same way and it always ends the same way "aw, so sweet but i only like you as a friend" AOIGHAOIWBGOIA! i just don't get it, i'm just so sick and tired of being single but i'm not coming across as desprate or that i've not been told. I just feel like a total screw up atm...:(

i just have no idea what to do, its always the same and its driving me mental

Comments

• Options
    Yeah i know how that feels mate. Sadly though, there isnt much you can do really im sorry to say. I have a horrible habit of liking the wrong people i.e girls with bf's or girls just outta relationships. Can't help who you like, just a pain really aint it. I know how frustrating it is.

I'm sure somewhere down the line you'll meet and like someone whos single, afterall this isnt the only girl out there :)
  • Options
    yeah, i know that its just driving me crazy how this always seems to happen
    just need to chill out tbh
  • Options
    maybe, idk, i think i'm a nice enough guy and i'm confident to talk to people, i get on fine with my single girl mates and didn't find it any diffrent to get talking to them at first (i think)
  • Options
    Hey curly_boy, firstly, you're definitely not a screw up! As GoodFella says sometimes everyone goes through some phases of plain old bad luck with the opposite sex. Whether it's falling for someone who's taken or not finding that mutual connection it's all annoyingly part of the process!

Like you said, try and relax about it, enjoy being single - letting your happiness depend too much on whether or not you're in a relationship can come accross without you realising it - a relaxed and happy single guy is likely to be much more attractive :yes:

Of course, you're allowed to feel frustrated and your confidence might've taken a bit of a knock but like you said you have great friends, a band, hockey, skating - use those to keep you going and I'm sure before too long your love life will be looking up again :)
  • Options
    hey guys, as it was my 18th last night i thought i would go out with a few mates, had a good time, had a "few" to many, (put it this way, after mixing red wine, vodka red bull, cider and beer i felt like i had fat bastard jumping up and down on my head)

I think that just going out with mates actually helped, i was confident enough to ask a girl if i could buy her a drink and it actually didn't go to badly, got her number :), she's good looking, she's funny, and i actually don't feel like i have to go out with her, i'd be happy with just being friends if thats what happens, idk, i think just chilling out, taking a look at my life has calmed me down, i'm just happy atm :D
  • Options
    personally, i feel like ur a lucky man, all those girls saying no means they're prolly not right for anyways and they saved you a lot of pain and heartache in the end, and now you've found a girl who for once seems interested in more than a friendship. even luckier. just play it by ear.
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    put it this way, after mixing red wine, vodka red bull, cider and beer

well I must say that is quite a mixture you had! Possibly why you felt a bit rough?!?! :p
    Take it you had a good night though!
  • Options
    yeah, i have no idea why i had red wine, i hate the stuff...
    yeah it was a good night,
    we've been texting a bit but i'm not sure how much i should text really, i don't wanna seem desperate or anyhting, any hints??
  • Options
    i say if she texts u, text her back. texting is different than calling, i think it depends more on wats in the text then how much you text. dont obsess over stuf u already know about her, instead ask her about stuff u dont know
  • Options
    Im not saying reply like 10 hours later or the next day, or anything like that, just if a girl ever texts you as the start of a conversation, something out of the blue, once the conversation over text starts going and she brings up something juicy, let her wait a while before replying, not like forever, but enough to make her think you are not weak and have to reply to her like a little puppy dog.
  • Options
    yea i agree, even if sshe likes that kindof think, u wont like being a puppy.
  • Options
    but i like leads and collars in a realistionship...jokes (srsly, i'm joking)

thanks guys
  • Options
    i figured u were joking, but i still feel like clarifying. if she thinks she got u whipped too soon, ur gonna regret it. sure theres some rewards but there are some negitibe points too.( and u think thats kinky dog stuff?haha)