Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

lose 10 pounds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey guys.

i would like to know if you had any tips to lose 10 pounds safely. i have a history of eating disorders and i still have some bulimic moments sometimes.
i exercice a lot and eat really healthy but my metabolism is messed up because of my past eating disorder.

i am not underweight so 10 pounds wouldnt risk my health.

any tips?

Comments

• Options
    i know how you feel
    i would like to do the same and have a past of un-normal eating aswell
    i didnt see the point in starting a new thread as ther is already this one

so yeah, any help would be appriciated (:

also, if you ever need to talk about anything im here (:
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Mamofairy,

We would advise that any weight loss needs to be based around exercise and a balanced diet. However, it sound's like you are already doing these things.

It may be useful for you to calculate your BMI using the NHS's BMI calculator? This may help you to see how much weight, if any, is safe to lose?

If you eat well, exercise and are not overweight, what is making you want to lose that specific amount of weight?

Take care and keep posting :)
  • Options
    i calculated my bmi and it is 20.7 so around 21. i think thats normal but i still feel like i should lose 10 pounds because i think i have too much body fat around my tummy. people say that im not fat but i believe that i am
  • Options
    Maybe you could try pilates or belly dancing to make your stomach look more toned? If your stomach muscles are stronger you'll burn up food quicker. Green tea is also supposed to speed up your metabolism. The fact that you've said people don't think your fat could mean that you think they might be right, in which case yoga or meditation might also help.