Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Waking someone up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This could either be health or relationship so let me know if you think I should move it.
I'm having some pretty serious issues waking up my boyfriend (I mentioned this in chat last night) it can take me hours to wake him up for him to go home ( he has the tendency to fall asleep at mines in the evenings) and it's getting to the point where he gets all huffy with me, like after I wake him up, he gets his stuff together in silence, and is always in a bad mood with me. I know no one enjoys being woken up, but I'm just trying to make sure he doesn't be in trouble. Got any ways I can wake him up without him getting all bad moody with me, cause his bad mood with me puts me in a god awful mood

Help?

Comments

• Options
    don't let him go to sleep?
  • Options
    I don't always notice cause we're usually watching tv or something.
  • Options
    Tell him if he falls asleep you arent gonna wake him up cos hes a moody twat, and when he wakes up at 4am on your sofa with a sore back he will hopefully learn his lesson. "learn by doing" :)
  • Options
    If it's getting worse and he doesn't seem to aware of how he is when he wakes up then those are things I think you might want him to discuss with his GP.

But if it does feel like it's a reaction to being told to head home then talking about it has to be key. Even if he's upset because it means being away from you - well he's doing more harm than good right now.
  • Options
    TBH, I think I'd be a bit grumpy if I'd gone round to spend an evening, but I'd been so bored I'd just fallen asleep, and the only time you noticed was when it came to kicking me out.

But I know nothing of the situation.
  • Options
    So how do i stop being so life changingly tediously boring?
  • Options
    I'm assuming Big gay was just being flippant. Any ideas from you about why it keeps happening, or any time he's said anything about the way he's behaving? After all it's hardly terrible to have a quiet relaxing night and doze off with someone you love - just not great if you're then kicking off about it afterwards...
  • Options
    Falling asleep with someone is the most intimate thing I can think of. Falling asleep while your other half watches TV, somewhat less so.

I wasn't being flippant, just providing my best guess at why I'd be grumpy in that situation, given the limited information I had about it.
  • Options
    normally we do both end up falling asleep, its just that im the one that wakes up when the alarm goes off, and he sleeps through, and he'll get a row if hes back late (despite the fact he is 20)
  • Options
    Would you like him to stay and he'd like to stay as well? If that's the case then maybe there's something there to talk about and it's his choice if he gets in trouble for getting back late? On the other hand maybe he's hoping you'll make the decision for him and not wake him up, so when you do that's why he gets upset?

But that's just speculation - it's something he needs to realise is a problem and find a way to be talk to you about. Until he does that, outside of some medical issue, it's unlikely to change.
  • Options
    I would let him stay, im more than happy to, but his parents are properly christian fundies and wouldn't allow it, every time hes stayed here hes had to lie about where hes staying. And they know he comes round here at nights so would go mental.

I'm gonna have a wee chat next time i see him about how him getting all annoyed with me makes me all upset and annoyed at the world and hopefully we can get somewhere.
  • Options
    if he was arsey with me for waking him up, id just let him sleep and get in trouble for it.
    His own fault.
  • Options
    Don't wake him up
  • Options
    20 years old and he still has to do what his parents command? That must be difficult.