Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

TFP/CD Modelling Advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone,

Hope you're all well - has been an age since I was on thesite.org!!

Anyway, I'm currently doing a PGCE (teaching training). I am a creative individual with a Drama degree and such and basically however much I am really enjoying teaching and the work involved (am I mad) I am 22 and I really can't surpress the urge to get into the creative industries. I have posted on here previously worried about not achieving the things I have wanted to do and missing out so I'm edging my way into getting involved in a few drama projects, some film acting training at the end of my PGCE and I'm also part of a TFP modelling community and am considering getting more involved.

TFP - time for print - free modelling but you get pictures or a CD with which to promote yourself. The community itself works on the basis that shoots are arranged and afterwards results are shared - models feed back on the professionalism of the photographers and vice versa.

I have been offered two shoots in January - both public and nearby - one for a shop and one as an opt in group day with various new/experienced models and photographers meeting in a public place. No nudity, none of that...it's something I've thought of but have no experience in and want to develop. The safety aspect worries me but I wanted more opinions before I even begin to broach the subject with my bf. I know he'll be supportive by 'models' to him are page 3 of the Sun or Nuts magazine.

Any advice much appreciated - anyone done such work?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Malteser - only just spotted this and think it might be better placed in work forum... :)