Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

baking with natural peanut butter

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can you? I bought it cuz it was on sale but the consistancy is so much different than regular peanut butter and I'm afraid it will fuck up my cookies :(

Comments

• Options
    Just put some oil/melted butter in until its the consistency of your normal peanuttery goodness.
  • Options
    But this is much thinner and runnier than regular peanut butter. Just add flour or something then?... though the recipe doesn't call for flour. Just eggs, sugar, pb and vanilla. Easy ;)
  • Options
    Oh right. Usually 'natural' peanut butter is a lot harder because they dont add any oil, its just peanuts in a blender.

I dunno. Flour needs a fair bit of cooking. You could try rice flour if you have some. Or make a small batch, add enough flour so it's the consistency it normally is and try it.
  • Options
    Ahhh, I have fake natural peanut butter then :p This one has peanuts, sugar, palm oil and molases it says... a bit too much oil I guess!

Thanks for your help, I want you to come and be my chef ;) I guess if they turn out crappy, the batter will still be good, and thats really the best part.
  • Options
    They turned out very weird, the middle would just not get done. I tried using the convection on the oven but then the bottoms got extra dark... I don't have a proper air bake sheet :( But they still tasted yummy :D
  • Options
    It wasn't just separated, right? The refrigerated peanut butter needs to be mixed a good bit before you first use it.
  • Options
    It didn't seperate or need to be refrigerated. They advertised that on the bottle even :p If it did seperate I would ahve steered clear, I'm just that lazy.
  • Options
    Can't say I've ever tried that kind before, but it sounds ... interesting! :p
  • Options
    Your LJ says you are in the US so you'd know that brand... it was JIF
  • Options
    That I am!
    Ah, I usually have Skippy or Smucker's. I assume Jif would be most like Skippy, and normal Skippy's pretty mushy at room temp. Was it actually *runny,* though? That sounds a bit off.
  • Options
    Yuck.