Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Christmas Dilemma

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys
My man and I have been together 8 months. He was going to be working over Xmas and so I invited my dad to come up and stay. Now my man has lost his job and will be home alone. Iv told him I cant mess my dad around but he says we cant have a proper relationship if I cant put him first. Im very close to my dad. Throughout the relationship he has messed me about a few times, and once he has a drink turns into a lunatic. My dad is very old fashioned and wouldnt be amused, so having them both here isnt an option. Last night we spoke for 2 hours on the phone and its almost like hes really jealous of my dad. He made some comments about my dad and I ended the conversation, and havent replied to his texts or calls since, all of which say sorry, I love you. We were due to go away to a hotel New Years eve but yesterday he said we arent going and that hes going to a 5 day party?? He said that I should know that if he meets someone he likes he will sleep with them..Im thinking I should just continue to ignore him??

Comments

• Options
    It's up to you but if you were to contiinue to ignore him then you're accepting that your relationship is effectively over. His going to the party is his way of releasing his anger over not being with you due to your dad. Your way is to ignore him. Neither is great for progress.
  • Options
    He sounds like an absolute prick to be honest id say you're better off shot of him
  • Options
    Yeah. I think anyone who threatens to sleep with other people just to get their own way is best left alone...I think he has issues
  • Options
    dump him
  • Options
    dump him

+1
  • Options
    dump him

+2
  • Options
    This should not really be named 'Christmas Issues' more 'Realising Boyfriend is a Twat Issues' - seriously anyone who gets so incredibly petty and snotty over someone visiting for christmas is just pathetic.
  • Options
    dump him

+3
  • Options
    +4
  • Options
    I swear this website is relationship breaker

Yea, crappy relationships that need to be broken
  • Options
    Sadly, it often needs an outsider to look in and view the relationship, in order to see the "obvious". +5. I'll be interested to see what you make of me/mine.
  • Options
    We were due to go away to a hotel New Years eve but yesterday he said we arent going and that hes going to a 5 day party?? He said that I should know that if he meets someone he likes he will sleep with them..Im thinking I should just continue to ignore him??

well it doesnt sound that healthy does it
  • Options
    Jordan do you actually think its acceptable for him to go " well if you see your dad over christmas, im gonna go sleep with anyone i like?"
  • Options
    I swear this website is relationship breaker

When you've got someone in a relationship who is being an absolute douche like this chap then it often takes an uninterested party to make you realise that he is a total douche.

The guy sounds like an utter cock, anybody who tries to put themselves before family with ultimatums like that is an idiot. I'm assuming that the OP's dad is alone on christmas. Imagine how he'd feel if his plans to spend time with his only family were ruined because of some cock who has thrown his toys out the pram.