Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

You ever felt...

Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
...like just wanting back into normality? Plug me back in the matrix kinda feeling.

I've been feeling kinda detached from mainstream life, and failing to "get" or understand it. It's hard to explain... but its just like... plug me back in man! I can get by fine and all... but then I sit back and think about it like... whats it all achieving? What are we working towards? And why?

What is the whole point? What does anything do of any significance? Its an odd feeling... and I did it once, and it keeps coming back to me. Jumping up after a fun time from the back of my mind, pressing forward... saying... why, what are you doing? Whats the point? What great achievements will this bring you?

Its daft and odd, I know, and I am surviving fine, I guess... but its confusing the buggery out of me, and I ain't even high. Been going clean for a little while, get my immunity low again.

On another note, anyone seen Rolly about?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To he perfectly honest i have never went so hard on the drink and drugs the past 6 weeks so yes i want to feel normal again, but who knows when normality will come back again?

Yea lifes a very funny thing, u just got to think...we're only here once and we gotta make the most of it all..don't we yea?

No have not heard from rolly in a while..
  • Options
    I get into these weird conversations with my mates when were drinking or high, and to be honest when you think about it in a sane state of mind you invariably think what a load of shite!
  • Options
    Well obviosuly.. but ain't that what mind altering substances are all about!
  • Options
    Don't worry mate, I've lost the plot a LONG LONG time ago. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    all the time. its kind of a wierd feeling.
  • Options
    Watching a film last night.

99% of the population are constantly asleep.

the other 1% who are awake are in a state of constant amazement.

red pill for me.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Don't worry mate, I've lost the plot a LONG LONG time ago. :crazyeyes
    :thumb: Roger that!

Its a worrying and confusing thing. Fuck... mindufck times for me at the minute.

Constant amazement... yeah... that such a bunch of twats get to rule the world. That's what being awake is like :p Everyone else... content to watch Big Brother series XVII and Eastenders... not realising the bigger picture and what is being done to them. :o Just let the Politicians lead the world... what do we average joes know?

Then there is still the bigger questions to be asked...
  • Options
    yeah i get that feeling a lot when i come back from holiday, like "where the fuck am i and what the fuck am i doing?" Lucky it usually passes after a week or so......and sometimes i get a bit disillusioned about life when i smoke a lot, that doesn't happen much anymore mind.....i've just come to accept a lot of things in this world are fucked up, and it might all be going to shit but i've just got to get on with it and appreciate the beauty......and the cheap flights :thumb:

ETA: how much do you smoke out of curiousity? just reminds me of me a couple years ago....
  • Options
    yeah i get that feeling a lot when i come back from holiday, like "where the fuck am i and what the fuck am i doing?" Lucky it usually passes after a week or so......and sometimes i get a bit disillusioned about life when i smoke a lot, that doesn't happen much anymore mind.....i've just come to accept a lot of things in this world are fucked up, and it might all be going to shit but i've just got to get on with it and appreciate the beauty......and the cheap flights :thumb:

ETA: how much do you smoke out of curiousity? just reminds me of me a couple years ago....

Ah, I was smoking alot. Just going clean, it takes to much for the effects to get me now. So a couple of months without any coming up. Been... ohh.. two weeks now. :lol:

I guess it has this effect after your brain is rewired by the green, eh?
  • Options
    lol possibly, i try not to think too deeply about it all anymore as it's not very constructive at the end of the day, since entering the 9-5 slog i've had a bit of a reality check and there's a lot i want to get done in life, so can't afford to be endlessly philosophising/daydreaming.......

must be a coincidence btw i think it's been about two weeks since i had a puff, it's more appealing during the summer of course but i worked out i haven't gone longer than a month in the last 5 years without a smoke, lol says something about my circle of friends i suppose although that is changing.......also goes to show you can have a healthy productive life and smoke dope regularly.......lol how is it any of our discussions invariably turn to pot? quite fancy a toke now as well you git :P
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    On another note, anyone seen Rolly about?
    No... he disappeared a few days after posting that thing in Net&Tech about hacking a computer...
  • Options
    lol possibly, i try not to think too deeply about it all anymore as it's not very constructive at the end of the day, since entering the 9-5 slog i've had a bit of a reality check and there's a lot i want to get done in life, so can't afford to be endlessly philosophising/daydreaming.......

must be a coincidence btw i think it's been about two weeks since i had a puff, it's more appealing during the summer of course but i worked out i haven't gone longer than a month in the last 5 years without a smoke, lol says something about my circle of friends i suppose although that is changing.......also goes to show you can have a healthy productive life and smoke dope regularly.......lol how is it any of our discussions invariably turn to pot? quite fancy a toke now as well you git :P

Haha... stoners eh? Always mind on the green!

Ah, but what is your reality achieving in total? :p Ok, I'll shurrup! Yeah, I figure once a get a job and some structure going in my life it'll get back on track. And hopefully my parents will ease off me a bit... fucking pressure driving me mad! I just want to shout STFU at the them, but that won't help any at all. Gah.

Need to get a job and move out, I guess. They aren't forcing me out, but I can't cope with them much anymore!
  • Options
    shouldn't that be green on the mind? stoner......yeah good luck with that, i never had any kind of job before uni so it was a bit of a shock to the system but helpful in some ways.........lol living at home is bad enough but i forgot you're unlucky enough to live in braintree, that should be motivation enough tbh....although i do like the freeport designer village, lots of cheap gear :yes:
  • Options
    Not going to Uni! So job time... Freeport was alright, yeah, but there is fuck all left up there now... I miss Madhouse, all my jeans were from there! Fuckers. Ah well, can't have it all. Half the mepty shops will be taken eventually too... and why is it open air? Who makes an open air shopping centre so the shoppers are pissed off and wet when it rains?!
  • Options
    I'm just getting back to normal. I had a patch where I was actually properly stressed for the first time ever; headaches, time off work the lot.

But I'm ok now and stuff is grand :D

I'm as none mainstream as they come though :chin: