Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

British post

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Say I sent something (from the US) to two different locations in England. I sent them on the same day. Shouldn't they arrive around the same time?... or at least within nearly 2 weeks of eachother :\

Comments

• Options
    my name wrote: »
    Say I sent something (from the US) to two different locations in England. I sent them on the same day. Shouldn't they arrive around the same time?... or at least within nearly 2 weeks of eachother :\

You'd think so, yes.

There have been local post strikes in the UK recently, which could have affected one of them, though a 2 week delay is a long time.
  • Options
    Poopsticks :( And of course I didn't send it with any kind of guarantee. Serves me right.

Thank you.
  • Options
    If its the british post office in charge of it no because they are the biggest bunch of moronic jackasses in the world, i would trust a guy in a shack in the middle of Russia with a sign hanging off his neck saying 'i am post' before i would trust the useless wankers we call a postal service in this country.

An example of their inepititude is from when i was in denmark and i posted a letter home, it got there in 32 hours.
    Last week my girlfriend got the parcel my mum sent last christmas, it had been sat at preston post depot for nearly a year. GG.

Check the American side of things - if it landed here and didnt get to the place you wanted it to in a week its probably been thrown down the pit where they put second class post, non recorded delivery items and the competant members of the post office staff.

do I sound bitter?
  • Options
    It is tracked to customs but I didn't pay for extra so thats where it ended.

And no, not bitter at all :p

The forms told me I couldn't ship live bees but I was confident they were all dead.
  • Options
    I sent a postcard from France in April and it's not there yet...
    :(
  • Options
    I'm really pissed about the postal strikes for this week. I've just ordered two games and they wont get here for aaagggeess now. Because I'm going away on saturday, till wednesday. It sucks.

And Grace... I think you should give up on the postcard :-p
    X