Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Crunching Sound Near Ear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I yawn I hear a crunching sound in the area I have circled in the attachment.
I'm not asking for a diagnosis of course but I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same thing.
I don't remember hurting myself there.

Comments

• Options
    is anybody eating rice krispies near you at all?
  • Options
    No :lol:. I was eating Frosties just before and it does actually sound similar to eating a crunchy cereal.
  • Options
    maybe you just have delayed reaction hearing
  • Options
    I've had it for about a week and this was the first time I've eaten cereal for weeks.
  • Options
    Probably your jaw making the noise. If it carries on a long time, or hurts a lot, you could see your doctor about it.
  • Options
    Ohh I get that as well. Do you get it when you eat something Chewy?

I have a friend that gets it too, her dentist told her what is was but I can't remember, I'll find out.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sometimes that happens to me if there's water left in my ears from washing them.
  • Options
    I get that from time to time, its from the jaw overworking/not sitting in the joints right/grinding my teeth at night If it goes on for a long time or its painful then get your dentist to give it the once over.
  • Options
    I can grind my jaw and make it crack like you do with your knuckles. If you move your jaw side to side can you make the cracking sound? That's all I have to do and like someone else said it can happen when I eat chewy food too.
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    I can grind my jaw and make it crack like you do with your knuckles. If you move your jaw side to side can you make the cracking sound? That's all I have to do and like someone else said it can happen when I eat chewy food too.

I can do this too.

I can also crack my ankle.

lea_uk
    I get the crunching noise too. It doesn't bother me.
  • Options
    Nearly all my joints crack (my index finger on my left hand just does it when i move it up and down :/)
    My doc said- if it doesn't hurt, it's fine, pockets of air being released or somethng.