Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Jack Straw - Killers not welcome

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/jul/07/war-criminals-justice-britain?commentpage=1

I can add nothing to the most recommended comment in reaction to this shameless article he's written for The Guardian.

"Even in recent decades there have been terrible allegations of war crimes, torture and mass murder motivated by hatred, racism and intolerance. These crimes can happen in any corner of the world."

Jack Straw, July 8th 2009

"Yes of course there will be consequences if the House approves the Governments motion. Our forces will almost certainly be involved in military action. Some may be killed; so too, will innocent Iraqi civilians... I urge the House to vote with the Government
tonight.

Jack Straw, March 18th 2003

"A war of aggression is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime, differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

Nuremberg Tribunals. 1950

Utterly shameless.

Comments

• Options
    Jack Straw - shameless cunt. Not much else to add, really.
  • Options
    The government lied about the war - shock horror! It wasnt the fact that they lied which got to me (I expect that) it was the fact they did it right out in public. They fed this country shit and we swallowed it.