Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just found out my x gf is a prostitute. Shes been doing this before and during we went out. I feel she is not thinking very clearly about it and sees it as an easy out. She has a 2 year old kid as well.

Im thinking about telling her mother about it. I have basically cut all ties but i still care about her. What do you think i should do?

Comments

• Options
    If shes an ex, just keep your nose out of her business.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    If shes an ex, just keep your nose out of her business.

++
    Even though you might care, in my experience once you're out of their lives, they don't want you back in it, regardless of how well intentioned your motives are.
  • Options
    Well its not that easy, she was my mates x before hand and know they want to get back together and i dont think he knows.
  • Options
    As a friend, I'd say he has a right to know. But you've no right to bring the subject up with her parents.
  • Options
    Stuck between a rock and a hard place really. If you just keep schtum you might be indirectly leading to a further decline - maybe it's not your business - but that could also impact her kid potentially especially considering what Kermit was saying about prostitution in another thread last week i.e. the majority of the time it isn't glamorous or fun its desperation.

But then if you do say someting you are crossing a line as CTSM says it's not your right as such to tell her parents and intefere with her life because you're her ex.

I don't know what I'd do in that situation. Good luck!
  • Options
    You've got no right to go and tell her parents about what she does. It's a decision for her to make, not you.

The only thing that would give you a right to tell someone is if her child is suffering because of her work. It might be worth letting social services know if you think her child is being harmed, or might be harmed, because of her job.
  • Options
    All right, thanks for the advice guys. Think ill let my friend know and then get the hell out of there.
  • Options
    random69 wrote: »
    All right, thanks for the advice guys. Think ill let my friend know and then get the hell out of there.

Regardless of your intention, or how you friend takes it, you could lose a friend over this. Shouldnt it be something for the actual couple to discuss? What happens if he does allready know, your going to look like a right prized plank when you say something.

Personally as I have said before, I would keep my nose well clear of this, the very fact you said your going to mention it and get the hell out, suggests a very much cut and run tactic, which dont work.
  • Options
    I disagree to an extent MrG even though it's a tricky situation, obviously I wouldn't burst in there but if my mate had met a new girl and I found out she was a prostitute and believe he did not know I would feel it my moral duty to HIM to let him know just the same as if I had seen her cheating on him or something else.

Because on the flipside if you were the one who met this new girl and your friends knew something but didn't tell you...

edit: actually, it would depend how close I was to the guy. If it was an acquaintence absolutely none of my business and in this case could even be construed just as being spiteful to the girl. If it was my best friend definitely, it would be completely unfair not to tell him if I knew because of how devastating it could potentially be to him.
  • Options
    He makes it sound out as if he wants to say it, then cut and run, almost purorting it to be almost spiteful or something.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    He makes it sound out as if he wants to say it, then cut and run, almost purorting it to be almost spiteful or something.

Yea that's why I reconsidered and made my edit, I was looking at it from a very narrow perspective i.e. if it was my best friend who had just met this random girl and I found out.. but obviously it could be a different situation and it's up to the OP to exercise wise judgement.
  • Options
    I didnt mean it in that sense. I ment get away from the sit as much as i can. Found out my friend all ready knew and he still going to go on with it. I feel he is gona get hurt again and he didnt take it so well last time.

Will have to see what happens.
  • Options
    I would feel very cheated if I found out that my gf is a prostitute.
  • Options
    Like to say a big thanks to the people who responded. You stopped me doing something stupid. Turns out she was doing the dodge but never accepted money and stopped soon after.

The relationship is fucked but at least i dont feel so bad.