Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Psychosexual Therapy - Anyone had it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going to a sex therapist tomorrow to sort out why on earth it feels like im being repeatedly stabbed in my lady bits when i have sex. I'm pretty sure its a psychological problem as its always been this way, lost my virginity a good 5 years ago - 3 of which were spent single and avoiding men completely for various reasons - but now i am in a new relationship i have to sort it out... i feel like im missing out on one of the fundamental good experiences of life, something thats meant to feel good is the worst pain i've ever felt, frustrates, angers and upsets me...

Just wondering if anyones had a similar experience and/or if anyones been to sex therapy? whats it like? did it help? tell me your stories!

Comments

• Options
    Is it a real physical pain? Maybe a run to the gp or something would be better then.

If it's not that, then I'm afraid I can't help.

If it's just the feeling of a penis stabbing you, I think that's how it supposed to be, if it's more like knife stabbing, then I don't know what's wrong with you.
  • Options
    Yeah I went to my GP like 5 years ago when I first experienced the problem, and went to a Gynecologist, and had an ultrasound to see if i was screwed up inside but found nothing, was given numbing cream which was rubbish and didn't even work, and was refered to a sexual psychologist, the waiting list for which was so long that I'd broken up with my then boyfriend and as a result no sex was happening anyway, thank god...

I'm pretty sure it's all in my head, I've read a lot about it... Apparently if you have a psychological phobia of sex it can cause an involuntary spasm of the ladyparts making them tense up resulting in physical pain... Just got to get it sorted and would like to know if anyone's been through a similar thing and been 'cured' so to speak... hehe.

Anyway, epic fail for me, I got lost and missed my appointment today. Rescheduled for another time but very annoyed at myself... grr!
  • Options
    Oh that sucks. Well a psychologist let's you talk about that stuff so he finds what the problem is and helps you deal with it. He is no magician that snaps with his fingers and the issue is gone, as soon as he knows what is the catalyst. You can always "work" on yourself, trying to find out what caused this problem yourself (or talk to a friend about it).

I can't really give anymore 'advice' since I know little about the human psyche (unfortunately) and never dealt with a psychologist, so maybe you just need to wait for your appointment.