Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

need advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive recently met this guy. he likes me, i like him, we get on like an house on fire, and we've been out on a few dates. his sisters told him he is a shy lad who isnt keen on making first moves etc. we've been chatting and i've brought up the topic of a relationship. he said that he doesnt want to hurt me. but he wont know if he will hurt me unless he takes the chance im up for giving it a go but how can i get him to give it a go???

please help!!!!

Comments

• Options
    tell him that he will be hurting you more if he doesnt give it a go because you really like him and if it is left as it is, then you will always have that what if feeling.

tell him that in life everyone gets hurt and thats how the world works, sometimes we make mistakes but we learn from them and if he doesnt give a potential happy relationship a chance, with someone who he could be happy with then thats a mistake.

hope that helps :D
  • Options
    ill give it a try see if it helps nd ill let u know lol thanks:D
  • Options
    can anyone else offer advice on this??? it will be greatly appreciated. x :banghead: :cool:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    How well do you know this guy? You say you've only recently met, so maybe there's a lot more to get to know about him.

It could be that taking the time to know him better will be beneficial for both of you - so rather than feeling like you have to jump into a relationship, you could suggest that you'd like to hang out with him more and see how he reacts to that? If he's willing to go on more dates then that's a good sign and rather than feeling the need to label it so soon, it could just naturally develop into a relationship.

On the other hand, if he seems to be backing off, then you can cut your losses and start looking elsewhere.

Let us know how you're getting on. :)
  • Options
    as helen said take some time to get each other better before u commit
    He may turn out to be some that doesn't fit in your life

also, don't try and force him into a realstionship by saying stuff like if u don't go out with me u'll be hurting me
    thats gonna cast the wrong image of you and ,even though it maybe you, its something that would put me of a girl straight away, playing on guilt like that, no, i would never advise that

hope it goes well
    (hope my advice helps, even though i'm shit in realstionships :P)
  • Options
    ...........so, youhave recently met....you get on great........thats so good, and often can be more than a "relationship" with all the stuff that goes on with it.......

Dare I suggest simply enjoying this new friendship,.....see how it develops.....see what happens, at the end of the day, you ahve fun together, and you never know, this may be the best friend who will always have fun times with you, and you with him.....or it may develop into something really specal....either way, enjoy having fun......! Trust me, there is no need to rush into relationships......they can be fantastic...but are not the be all and end all............