Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

oh oh i have dates!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ok, so i went on a date with someone else today...utterly no chemistry...gah!

fish...sea...plenty...must keep going!

Go go go! You have to go through the pufferfish to get to the sharks, as it were..
  • Options
    i'd rather have a dolphin...

there is someone i'm talking to who i'm getting on really really well with, but he unfortunatly share exactly the same name as an ex of mine. its a very common name, but still ARGH! and he also lives in plymouth...plymouth-london...=ages!

he's still in a maybe pile purely for those 2 points...otherwise there would be no contest.
  • Options
    Just don't jump from date to date, you'll keep finding duds that way. :)
  • Options
    what am i meant to do then? have long periods of downtime?
  • Options
    Remember your still young TT and tbh maybe a relationship is not what you need right now? why not just chill. relax and enjoy life and stop looking for something,

tbh i found the best of my relationships including Lolz when I wasn't looking, if your looking you grade everything and worry and think to much, imo you need to relax, stop looking and just go with the flow, you need to stop thinking to much, remember dating is hardly logical ;)
  • Options
    I think you should just be yourself. I've been told by so many boy mates that guys LOVE that. Wear something pretty, but don't try TOO hard as he may think you're trying to hide some flaws in your personality by making your outfit too flashy. But I'm not trying to say you do have flaws. But this is just from experience. Have fun, don't be afraid to show who you really are. Oh, one last thing, eye contact (: hope all goes well x
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Remember your still young TT and tbh maybe a relationship is not what you need right now? why not just chill. relax and enjoy life and stop looking for something,

tbh i found the best of my relationships including Lolz when I wasn't looking, if your looking you grade everything and worry and think to much, imo you need to relax, stop looking and just go with the flow, you need to stop thinking to much, remember dating is hardly logical ;)

How come people always say this about stop looking, yet it never seems to work? :lol:
  • Options
    it doesn't work...anyway, i'm not hedging my bets, but things are going well with this guy...
  • Options
    it doesn't work...anyway, i'm not hedging my bets, but things are going well with this guy...

Yay! Dolphin!
  • Options
    i just keep having things creep into my mind...

i'm just so used to having shit, i just get worried everytime i have someone/thing good turn up in my life, no matter what it is, i just seem to think its going to quickly change...

i need to get this idea out of my head
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    How come people always say this about stop looking, yet it never seems to work? :lol:

tbh it worked with me, i had come out of two messy relationships and was not looking for anything when I met lolzabeth, now we are getting married and have a son.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    tbh it worked with me, i had come out of two messy relationships and was not looking for anything when I met lolzabeth, now we are getting married and have a son.

I envy you. :(

Congrats and all that... But seriously... it doesn't usually work like magic. :grump:
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    I envy you. :(

Congrats and all that... But seriously... it doesn't usually work like magic. :grump:

I met my current boyfriend too when I decided that I never ever ever in my life wanted to see another boy again cause they all really treated me like shit. But then I met my boyfriend and I was like, "Oh. I've changed my mind now."
  • Options
    he also lives in plymouth...plymouth-london...=ages!

It's only 3 hours on the train.

*agrees with Hellfire*
  • Options
    hellfire, thats crap. the last guy i was with i came across once i'd stopped looking. That also means that you tend to drop looking for warning signs of potencial crap. well at least it seems to for me. I found myself in a very bad situation very quickly.

Its utter bollocks. If it works it doe and if it doesn't then oh well!

3 hours on a train is better than 3 hours on a plane and the travel either side of the that....plus it would be an great excuse to get out of london for a weekend...
  • Options
    woa, clearly it isn't as other people have agreed with me i guess it is like most things, can or can not work, but heck there is no need to be rude TT.
  • Options
    sorry, getting on the offencive...i just feel like when i'm telling people about it, i'm getting a lot of negative feedback, mainly IRL, but i'm getting very possesive about people trying to burst my bubble. I'm happy for once, if i all falls apart, then oh well, but let me enjoy is whilst it lasts!

yes, him being down there does have its draw backs, but, it also really has a lot of advantages too. but me not looking really doesn't work because then i let my guard down.
  • Options
    ok, i've just had all my doubts blown out the window....

something along the lines of a perma grin is now situated on my face...:D
  • Options
    ooo whats happened? interested :D
  • Options

YEAH! DOLPHIN! :hyper:
  • Options

Remember:

Heart. Sleeve. Heart. Sleeve. Heart. Sleeve. Heart. Sleeve. Heart. Sleeve.
  • Options
    oh no, i'm not throwing myself into this, but if it works i'm not going to withhold myself...

but things were said last night, and i think we're both pretty happy with the current situation.
  • Options
    oh no, i'm not throwing myself into this, but if it works i'm not going to withhold myself...

but things were said last night, and i think we're both pretty happy with the current situation.

Yay! I'm excited for you!
  • Options
    well, that was intense, brief and a total lie...

i've just been told that he's seen the future and we aren't meant to be!

a load of crap. he's just been something he doesn't like of me and has now decided to bolt.

I'm now kinda put off online dating, tbh, dating at all...

yes, i should have remained less involved and such....I can't seem to stop myself though...

i feel owchy

oh well :crying:
  • Options
    well, that was intense, brief and a total lie...

i've just been told that he's seen the future and we aren't meant to be!

a load of crap. he's just been something he doesn't like of me and has now decided to bolt.

I'm now kinda put off online dating, tbh, dating at all...

yes, i should have remained less involved and such....I can't seem to stop myself though...

i feel owchy

oh well :crying:

Urgh, that's pretty gash. Yr dolphin is out there somewhere, trust me!
  • Options
    yeah i'm not sure there is anymore.

i've had so many let downs i don't think there is any point even going on dates. It might be best to just push romantic notions away if they come a knocking. I've been hurt too many times, and i've got not confidence left in me to do anything....
  • Options
    yeah i'm not sure there is anymore.

i've had so many let downs i don't think there is any point even going on dates. It might be best to just push romantic notions away if they come a knocking. I've been hurt too many times, and i've got not confidence left in me to do anything....

Nooo! You've got to keep trying! Or at least if you decide to stop actively looking for something at the moment just wait until some lovely dolphin comes swimming your way. I know how you feel. And I know it's going to sound really annoying for you again to hear this, but I'd give up on men altogether when I met my current bf. I'd been hurt waay too many times and I was so scared of going into a horrible relationship again but there was something about my bf that told me that it wouldn't happen again. Two and a half years later, it still hasn't!
  • Options
    well some people are lucky, i'm just not one of them.
  • Options
    well some people are lucky, i'm just not one of them.

Hmm...maybe not so much. I was one of the unlucky people until I struck lucky. It'll happen for you.