Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Teenage mums

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi!
I'm Lily and I have 2 gorg children and one on the way and yet i'm only 15.
I wass just wondering your view on teenage mums because when I am out pushing thepushchair i get soo many dirty looks and I was wondering if thats what every1 thinks.
I had my first when I was 13 and my second last september. This ones due in October. My parents threw me out when I got pregnant with my first. I now live with my nan but am moving in with Aaron this June as soon as I am 16. We are not on any benefits and we support ourselves, me working in Aarons dads office (when i can)and him working! Aaron still lives with his parents but they dont mind us living there because they lost a son once and they dont want Aaron too far away from home.

So any comments would be helpful:D
Love Lily, Aaron, Miley-Jade, Edward and bump.x

Comments

• Options
    Well I am a teenager and I think there is nothing wrong with being a teenage Mum. Whether it is planned or unplanned. I think if you can still manage to have a life while also having the children then I think that I better but I think teenage Mums are cool and that there is nothing wrong with them.
    But personally I just wouldn't want to be a teenage Mum.
  • Options
    P.S: - I ment to say. I do think though for most teenagers there is enough going on without adding a child(ren) to it.
    But if I did get pregnant I would always keep it, whatever anyone thought.
  • Options
    I knew I could never abort her. She was thhe only thing that was important in my life. Apart from Aaron.x
  • Options
    do you get a lot of practical support?
  • Options
    What do you mean by practical support???
    People helpin out??
    The only people that help me out really are Aarons family and my nan.
    x
  • Options
    Did nobody ever teach you about contraception? I ask because after the first kid I assume the other two kids were planned.
    Your nan sounds like a compassionate person if she let you stay with one kid, a really nice person for two kids and a bloody saint on the third.

The reason people look at you with a kind of :crazyeyes expression in the street is: You are young, have two kids in a pram and you are pregnant while pushing it.
    Its an automatic assumption (and 99.9% of the time correct) that the teen mum pushing the pram cannot support those kids on her own with no full education and not being able to have a full time job by law, the dirty look will be a judgemental one and one of pity for whoever you do put upon - in your case, your nan.
  • Options
    Mommy1993 wrote: »
    What do you mean by practical support???
    People helpin out??
    The only people that help me out really are Aarons family and my nan.
    x

i mean helping you with the babies, helping to look after them so you can go to school or go out, so you can actually have a life yourself.

I have three kids, am a lot older than you and i still find it hard, but at least i had a life first. I find it hard to imagine someone so young being able to look after so many children well unless she had plenty of practical support.
  • Options
    Edward was planned but this bump wasnt. I woldhave gone aand stayed with Aaron or gone to a hostel but my nan offered to have me and Miley-Jade so i took it.
    By the time this baby is born i'll have moved out anyway so it won't really make much difference to nan.

The only reason I didnt move in with Aaron inthe first place is because i didnt want to cut off all ties with my family. I havent spoke to my parents in about 3 years now and i'm not intending to make up any time soon.

If people are judgemental they dont understand the love a mother has for her unborn child. I could never have aborted even though I was only 12.

Aron has a full time job and i'm in full time education so when I gt a job it will hopefully be a goodish one

When I got pregnant with Miley-Jade it was our 1st tym and the condom split. I was 12 and he was 14. We didnt bother usin contraception with this new one because I thought it would be too soon buh obviously not.
  • Options
    When I go 2 school it is a mother and baby school so there is a chrece on site. If any of my kids ar ill they can just pull me out of classes so I can go home. Other than my kids I don't really have a life and tbh i dont want 1. When i'm away from the kids its hard 4v me to concentrarte on anything or do anything with out worrying about them although i know they will be perfectly fine.

All of my closest friends have babies too so its easier in that aspect because we help each other out. (I was pushing two double pushchairs th other day. One for MileyJade and Edward and for my best friends twins. ) Any time we do want to go out we always make sure its a place we can take the kids.

I have only been up town once this year and that was for Aarons 18th.x
  • Options
    well good luck to you. I wouldnt be in too much hurry to move out though. I think youll find it quite hard with the next one, with so small a gap. More than you might imagine
  • Options
    Ive been waiting to move out since we got engaged! Me and my best friend are due within 2 days of each other so well help eachother out!
  • Options
    Good luck to hun 3 children at that age i coudnt do it .i got 2 daughter bethany who 7 on 20 august this year and emily-louise who 3 on 24 august this year had them 3month off 18th and 3month off my 21 birthdays.Been with my guy 9year 1 august this year and a mortgage 7years on 1 august too.You sound like a girl who loves her kids+guy alot and your supporting yourselfs too.You go girl +good luck with this pregancy.Are you going to have anymore in the future?Im not i got sterilized 2year ago.im 25 this year
  • Options
    There is too much bad publicity associated with teenage pregnancy. It seems to me that far too many people assume that once a girl gets pregnant it is the end of her life and any future hopes. I am sixteen and pregnant. It was a mistake but there is no chance I want an abortion. My family hate me and my mum refuses to speak to me. My "friends" are making my life hell and my ex doesn't want to know and is enjoying the fact he can make everything worse. You are really lucky that your nan is supporting you and it seems like your boyfriend's family are too.

Ultimately if you think you can manage then I admire you. Best of luck with everything.

Amilie x
  • Options
    There is too much bad publicity associated with teenage pregnancy. It seems to me that far too many people assume that once a girl gets pregnant it is the end of her life and any future hopes. I am sixteen and pregnant. It was a mistake but there is no chance I want an abortion. My family hate me and my mum refuses to speak to me. My "friends" are making my life hell and my ex doesn't want to know and is enjoying the fact he can make everything worse. You are really lucky that your nan is supporting you and it seems like your boyfriend's family are too.

Ultimately if you think you can manage then I admire you. Best of luck with everything.

Amilie x

My parents kicked me out but now i'm lucky that I have got everyone behind me. Its not the end of your life trust me. I was 12 and the youngest at my mother and baby school. I gave birth a month afer my 13th. See if theres a school like this by you. I wouldn't have coped with or without support without them.x