Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wimbledon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Andy Murray is through to the second week! Woooooo!

Thought he played really well today, especially against the likes of Roddick. Shame his current chances of winning are nil - particularly when Federer is still in, but he should get through to the quarters and it's nice to know Britain has a new star now Henman and Rudeski are old and decrepit. :p It'll probably be a Nadal/Federer final and I hope anyone except Federer wins.

Glad that both William's sisters are out this year now too! It'll be nice to see someone else in the final. I reckon Sharapova or Mauresmo have the best chance now.

Anyone else been watching it? :p
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Wimble what? What is this Wimbledon? :p
  • Options
    Murray has a far better chance of winning than Henman has ever had in my opinion. Murray has the fire and the determination that I've never seen in Henman.

He's done well this year. I doubt he will win the tournament this year or even next, but I reckon he could be a really strong player later on. He's only 19 - if he does an Agassi that means that there's another 18 years of play left in him. Superb.
  • Options
    He'll not win this year, too inexperienced. Federer will win, best grass player there ever was IMO. Nadal aint so great on grass but it is on clay. Would like to see Martina Hingis complete her comeback and win the womans.
  • Options
    There are some good match-ups in the ladies singles in the 4th round!!
    5 Russian girls, hehe!!
  • Options
    I think Murray played amazingly on Saturday against Roddick. Roddick didn't know what to do with Murray. Some of Murray's returns were legendary... And to think he's only 19... :shocking: I hope he beats Bahgdatis, but I'll be suprised if he goes further.
  • Options
    Good. I was waiting for the cocky cunt to be knocked out.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Good. I was waiting for the cocky cunt to be knocked out.
    :thumb: Can fuck back off to Scotland and put his Paraguay shirt back on :)
  • Options
    Was raging that Sharapova got beaten in the beauty vs the beast (Mauresmo) match earlier.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Addict wrote:
    Was raging that Sharapova got beaten in the beauty vs the beast (Mauresmo) match earlier.

:yes:
    Weekender Offender