Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What do girls want from guys?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I met my man, we were friends for a long time before we got together. I knew what I wanted from a long term partner and it was someone who had a similar ideals, life goals, common interests (although not so similar that we didnt have things outside of our relationship) someone who accepted me for myself and I could be completely honest and open with and not have to pretend to be something I was not. We share a very similar sense of humour I respect him and his opinions and if we have a disagreement we can discuss it like adults instead of playing games and trying to "win". I like the fact we both enjoy doing similar activities and spending time together. My bloke said I was his best friend and I guess thats how I feel about him too.

My important factors are:
    Someone I can have an intelligent conversation with,
    Have fun, in a light and airy way and that I can tease and will tease me back without any nastiness,
    Shares similar goals in life and is willing to work towards them as a couple instead of as individuals,
    Someone that I respect and trust who shares the same respect and trust for me.
    The ability to have a discussion about any issues without playing games and have a resolution of any conflict sensibly.
    Has a similar sense of humour and shares some of my interests,
    It is important that the person "gets" me and vice versa

I know thats what I want however I am certain that I am not the same as every woman, my advice would be to be yourself, get out there and date, see lots of people and eventually you will meet the right person for you who you can be yourself with.

Yeh i will be myself but people always say ''oh the one will turn up'' but how can u be so sure u hear about people commiting suicide over lonliness i have a feeling that that could be me aswell -.-
  • Options
    It's unlikely that someone will just fall into your lap and be an amazing match for you, like I said get out there and date people. I know it's easier said than done, but how about a speed dating event or maybe even internet dating?

Even if you don't meet the girl of your dreams, it's spending time with other people and you may even expand your social circle.

Is there maybe any chance of getting a group of people from work to go out one night to the cinema or bowling and get them to maybe invite some of their friends from outside work? Lots of people meet partners though a friend, work colleague or social group.
  • Options
    It's unlikely that someone will just fall into your lap and be an amazing match for you, like I said get out there and date people. I know it's easier said than done, but how about a speed dating event or maybe even internet dating?

Even if you don't meet the girl of your dreams, it's spending time with other people and you may even expand your social circle.

Is there maybe any chance of getting a group of people from work to go out one night to the cinema or bowling and get them to maybe invite some of their friends from outside work? Lots of people meet partners though a friend, work colleague or social group.

i know love doesnt come free yno i gotta work but im only 16 so..ill wait i guess :D
  • Options
    Dude your 16! so much fun to be had!

Im 22 and the longest relationship iv had was 6 months! and even that was rocky. I thought exactly the same when i was your age. I thought everything was love and the break-up i had made me think i would be lonely forever. Yes i havent had a long relationship but i have had fun with girls over the years.

Im currently dating a girl who i went out with when i was 13!! things couldn be going better. So anything really can happen! Im starting to see that it was never worth worrying about finding someone because now im realising that it would take a very short time to get settled down.

Enjoy your youth buddy
  • Options
    mrniceguy wrote: »
    Dude your 16! so much fun to be had!

Im 22 and the longest relationship iv had was 6 months! and even that was rocky. I thought exactly the same when i was your age. I thought everything was love and the break-up i had made me think i would be lonely forever. Yes i havent had a long relationship but i have had fun with girls over the years.

Im currently dating a girl who i went out with when i was 13!! things couldn be going better. So anything really can happen! Im starting to see that it was never worth worrying about finding someone because now im realising that it would take a very short time to get settled down.

Enjoy your youth buddy

Total opposite then my first ever GF lasted 2 years n it was 99% over msn haha! i was a total saddo!
    then my 2nd one who had recently in my school..=/
    so..tbh all i want in life is to be with someone who feels the same as i will for them.
  • Options
    Well like i said im 22 and have only just found someone who shares the same feelings as me and it hasn't even been going that long so its not even definite yet.

At your age you should just think about education and finding a good job. If someone comes along then great. Just be yourself and have fun. The only girl worth having is the one who likes you when you are yourself.
  • Options
    showing an interest in your life, caring, calling you sometimes, sending random love (whether it be my text message, a hug, a kiss, a quickie etc), to not make fun of us behind our backs of our annoying girly moodiness/how neurotic we are

stuff like that
  • Options
    Ok to bring this thread back to some useful tips :)

I know everyone is different but even generalised tips are good.

How much do girls like guys to contact them?
  • Options
    personally, my boyfriend and i talk a few times a day, but we're very close, best friends as well as partners

maybe like once a day? depends how well you know her though....
  • Options
    showing an interest in your life, caring, calling you sometimes, sending random love (whether it be my text message, a hug, a kiss, a quickie etc), to not make fun of us behind our backs of our annoying girly moodiness/how neurotic we are

stuff like that

Ive never done that and dont plan to im not a total idiot :P its just the getting the girl part which is trouble for me :)
  • Options
    personally, my boyfriend and i talk a few times a day, but we're very close, best friends as well as partners

maybe like once a day? depends how well you know her though....

That's nice! well I'm in a new relationship so don't know her that well. We have shared a lot of intimacy though and a lot of things have been said. Is it a bad sign if she doesn't contact me for 2-3 days?

Im trying to get a bit better at reading signs lol so i dont contect her too much or too little. The other day she didn't text back till late and said sorry i have been reading a book??? Im just trying to figure out if she likes a lot of contact or little contact?
  • Options
    mrniceguy wrote: »
    That's nice! well I'm in a new relationship so don't know her that well. We have shared a lot of intimacy though and a lot of things have been said. Is it a bad sign if she doesn't contact me for 2-3 days?

Im trying to get a bit better at reading signs lol so i dont contect her too much or too little. The other day she didn't text back till late and said sorry i have been reading a book??? Im just trying to figure out if she likes a lot of contact or little contact?

I'm hoping to find a girl in college that id go out with.. HOPING

If i do then id probly talk to her everyday if i can or whatever :)
    also ive noticed my ex has been upset lately..well she never looks happy when ive looked over which is rare, she's ment to be happy that she left me? wtf? lol does it mean anything
  • Options
    Personally, Someone To Talk Too, Someone To Have A Laugh With, Someone Who Will Respect You, Someone Who Wont Use You, Someone Who Is Caring and Lovng, Someone Who Is There For You,Someone To Love Them and Someone Too Love Back, Someone Too Cuddle and Kiss With. Stuff Like That

Don't Change For Her, Be Yourself and She Should Like You For That

Good Luck xx
  • Options

what are the core factors that a girl wants?

Depends on the woman.

We all have qualities which somebody deems attractive. You'll find the right person if you just be you.

No stress, no time limit.

Live your life, flirt and have fun.
  • Options
    It really is about the two people and them being able to connect and mesh...

because your best friend would surely be all you want because you get on well and their nice to you and so on... but they don't click romantically for you (well not all the time)

for me the irresistible traits in a man are as follows..

-Sensitive (but not all the time!)
    -Good looking
    -Caring
    -Deep
    -Protective (but not paranoid)

hey I don't know why im typing this, just go out and meet a girl, if you feel you need some extra confidence go and splash out on a new wadrobe/haircut etc.. look sexy and go talk to a nice girl and just be yourself! :flirt:
  • Options
    I don't think that moeny would make that much of a difference though girls seem to get offended if they have to pay for their drinks at the pub and their on a date with you but I think so long as you can buy them a drikn at least theres no problem really :shocking: :banghead: :shocking:
  • Options
    Depends on the chick.

From my experience girls want characteristics from a guy that ranges from all over the spectrum.

These are examples from my life

I have met young girls in clubs that adored everything that I did and said until I told them I wanted to study psychology and they said "oh you are deep and meangingful" and then ignored me for the rest of the night. So they wanted more of a shallow guy.

I went to a buddhist monastery for a holiday and had some of the deepest conversations of my life with some of the hottest girls I have ever met and they latched on to me like anything. (I must admit I didn't expect hot girls before I went)

I have met hippy chicks who don't give a shit about material possessions and would be happier lying naked with you in some secluded part of a forest with no possessions rather then some pent house suite covered in jewelry.

Some times I meet a hot girl that I remember from school and her partner is anything but though she loves him more then any other jock she dated before because his nice and treats her right.

Some of my friends used to like the bad boys until they spent all their money on drugs or cheat on them and then they learnt. Now they hate the bad boys and only go for the nice ones. Though in saying that some don't learn and get hurt constantly.

Some times a hot girl will hit on me and then sometimes I can't get a lot less attractive girl to even look at me.

Some girls I know will go for anything that's breathing.

So my point is you can't know what girls want cause what one wants there is another that wants the exact opposite.
  • Options
    Biggest piece of advice

Oh almost forget the biggest thing I learnt if you want a girlfriend is to barge through a lot of rejection. You normally get rejected about 90% of the time (applies even to my hot male friends) before you will find a girl that wants you. So keep trying relentlessly and you will eventually get a girl it's practically guarenteed. Good luck mate.
  • Options
    Happiness wrote: »
    Oh almost forget the biggest thing I learnt if you want a girlfriend is to barge through a lot of rejection. You normally get rejected about 90% of the time (applies even to my hot male friends) before you will find a girl that wants you. So keep trying relentlessly and you will eventually get a girl it's practically guarenteed. Good luck mate.

sweet, im not the dude to go round askin every lass out ill try pick up some signs :P?
  • Options
    Literate and stylish, kissable and quiet.
    I have a friend that is always complaining about how he is horrible with women. I give him advice through one simple word; "Go". If you just sit around and never take any initiative they aren't going to be interested. You have to show them that you can be aggressive when you need to be; the first example of this is the approach. In the first two minutes of meeting you the girl is going to decide if she is interested in you. I feel like the key to actually gaining interest is to show them that you are confident. It helps to have the ability to carry a conversation and be well groomed.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    I dont mean sit on my arse waiting for one to come along but yno see if any actually like me in college XD then ill try it awn