Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pill question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
treading wrote: »
Hi

not sure if this has been asked before..

I know there have been many threads on running pill packets together to stop your period arriving but i have a specific question - I am not currently on any contraceptive pill but I am going away for a weekend next weekend (so in 11 days or so) and my period is due then but i really really dont want to have it then - how could I stop it? If I go to a clinic as soon as possible and get prescribed the contraceptive pill, can I start taking it straight away and then take it right through? will that stop my period coming? are there any other options?

quick help would be greatly greatly appreciated!! :)

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey kellylove,

Welcome to TheSite :wave:

You'll always get a better response if you post a new question rather than dragging up a really old thread so have just moved this for you. :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It can take a while for your body to get used to the pill and if you only want it to stop your period this time then you're best off going to the DR and asking him for a tablet called Norethisterone.
    You take it three times a day for three days before your period is due and then think you're supposed to take it for seven more days to delay your period.