Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dumped

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know of a good way of getting past the feeling of being dumped that does not involve alcohol, drugs or prostitutes?

Comments

• Options
    Got any hobbies?
  • Options
    Well yeah but...it feels like it'll take more than that. Maybe there isn't an answer, maybe I'm just going to enjoy having a moan...
  • Options
    Yeah i dont think theres anything that will get rid of it in an instance. Its the age old thing of just having to ride it out, its abit shit but in time you'll be as good as new and that bit more wiser. I find anyway :)

Do things you enjoy and surround yourself with your mates.
  • Options
    what happened?

Weren't you the happiest relationship-man just a week ago?

alcohol is just fine for the initial moment. I know it's not sensible, but heyho, you ain't 16 and probably won't have an addition or a hospitalization.

Don't drink alone tho, it makes it worse. Go out with friends.
  • Options
    Getting on with life, difficult though it is, tends to help. Occupying yourself with anything from friends to work to just cleaning your house gets your mind off everything. I remember when my ex and I broke up I tidied up my bedroom and the study to a 'How Clean is Your House?' standard, and I'm a slob normally. :p It takes time, but you get there eventually. Just try to avoid wallowing. :yes:
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. Hang out with friends, eat some good comfort food, watch your favourite movies. If you can get some exercise, the endorphines will also make you feel better.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Weren't you the happiest relationship-man just a week ago?

Yeah that was before she told me she has plans to travelling around the world for 15 months doing wrestling - get any images of female wrestlers out of your mind, she's 5'4" and seven and a half stone.

It would have been nice if she'd told me about this before we got together. I freaked out when she told me about going away (not physically freaked out, or violent or anything - just panic), I tried to see if there was any way I could persuade her otherwise (if is was for a few months then I'd accept it but for over a year?!) then she went off on one, accusing me of trying to change her etc.

I hope I'm not making her out to be a nutter, she really isn't.
  • Options
    cry....

just let it all out...

cry, eat ben and jerry's, watch some DVDs and have a good sleep...

take each day as it comes, and try to be positive. buy some books, read, give yourself a new goal in life maybe...?
  • Options
    Yeah that was before she told me she has plans to travelling around the world for 15 months doing wrestling - get any images of female wrestlers out of your mind, she's 5'4" and seven and a half stone.

It would have been nice if she'd told me about this before we got together. I freaked out when she told me about going away (not physically freaked out, or violent or anything - just panic), I tried to see if there was any way I could persuade her otherwise (if is was for a few months then I'd accept it but for over a year?!) then she went off on one, accusing me of trying to change her etc.

I hope I'm not making her out to be a nutter, she really isn't.

Sorry to hear it, Glenn. Can you not throw caution to the wind and go with her?
  • Options
    Is it the underweart woman vs woman kind of wrestling? with mud and baby oil?

Anyways, sorry to hear that. Such an abrupt dump is much worse then the creeping decay of a dysfunctional relationship. Never sit around doing nothing. Go away from the computer, go skiing, meet friends, read a book. Surround yourself by happy things and people. Don't do that whole crying-out-at-someones-shoulder-thing, at least not constantly, stop wailing over it, it never helps.
  • Options
    ouch mate, spend time with ur friends and do things u enjoy which taks ur mind off her.
  • Options
    Time with friends. Just take your mind off things as much as possible.
  • Options
    go with her
  • Options
    go with her

I was thinking that too.
  • Options
    You Know What They Say

"Plenty More Fish In The Sea"

I'm Havin Women Problems Atm I Find Martial Arts Helps Im Doing Mixed Martial Arts At My Local Gym Its Always Nice To Beat Up Someone Smaller Than You And Being 6' 5" 14.6stone Does Help To Beat People Up And Its Legal Ooo And Dont Worry If U Get Someone Bigger Than You Its Also Nice To Have Someone Hit You Psyical Pain Stops Mental Pain

Dno If I Helped But Hey I Try
  • Options
    I agree, hit the gym! All that excercise will send your seratonin through the roof and if by some chance it doesnt help you get over her, at least you'll be hench :D
  • Options
    Cheers everyone. The option to go with her isn't possible - I have a 5 year old daughter and I ache if I go as much as a week without seeing her.
  • Options
    That sucks mate
    Best thing to do is try and take an interest in someone else. Go out on the piss with your mates and try to meet new ladies. It'll help for now, but ultimately only time will heal it.
  • Options
    computer games is my post-relationship thing to do

sorry to hear about it though, sounds shitty