Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shy girls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right i fancy this girl, see her most days and talk to her on msn txt etcc however i cant tell wether she wants to be friends or further. she isnt the type to make a move and im worried if i do she will run for the hills :confused: can anyone thing of more subtle ways of progressing a relationship? :chin: or somthing of aid :D thank's

Comments

• Options
    Make sure you make an effort to talk to her more and more in person rather than on msn. One its better for building that rapport up, and also its easier to judge what way she might be swinging on this when your chatting in person, compared to say on msn.
  • Options
    Is there any chance of going out with her and other people as a group? that way you'll get to be with her, spend more time with her and have a fun night out too. It might give you more of an idea of whether she's interested or not.

The other option would be to just ask her out, tell her you like her and would really like to get to know her better etc What have you got to lose?
  • Options
    If you only talk to some one over text or msn then it gets harder and harder to talk in person. If your shy to talk to her in person then when you see her just give her a smile or a wave or maybe even a 'hey'.
    Itl get easyer and easyer. When you talk to her in person you can tell if she likes you or not by her body language.

Give her a smile and see where you go from there.

Good luck. :thumb:
  • Options
    Ask her if she wants to hang out, maybe grab a cup of coffee or go for a bite to eat. And see how that goes. After that time see how much you still like her and if the two of you have any chemistry together, if so ask her out.

@monkeyspunk.
    What did you mean by if you only text or msn someone it gets harder to talk in person?
  • Options
    If you just talk over msn and never in person then some times they become shy when they do talk in person. I donno why but i see it happen all the time.
  • Options
    If you just talk over msn and never in person then some times they become shy when they do talk in person. I donno why but i see it happen all the time.

In this case that would probably happen anyways since the girl is shy to begin with.

But I see your point, its a hell of a lot easier to talk to someone on im than in person, little more pressure I think. Could be kind of awkward too if its one of the first meetings between the two.
  • Options
    Unfortunately i think i commited what is commonly known as dating suicide, i went out with friends, got drunk, text her last night, asked her if she wanted to go out somwhere the two of us (ON TEXT i mean who does that :( ) so yea....and havent heard back as of 24 hours later ish, not good ay but thanks for the help
  • Options
    Have you spoke to her since?
  • Options
    She gone incomunicado so not yet, i think im going to have to resign this one as a epic fail :( i cant even damage controll if she wont talk
  • Options
    Think wrote: »
    She gone incomunicado so not yet, i think im going to have to resign this one as a epic fail :( i cant even damage controll if she wont talk

Thats not necessarily a bad sign. Maybe she's thinking about it. If you asked her sincerely thats all you can do right. The rest is up to her now.
  • Options
    What time did you text her? Maybe she assumed you were drunk and being silly.