Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Threesome?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I started sort of seeing a guy about three months ago, he made all the moves and I liked him so decided to just see what happens. He started asking questions about what I wnat to do with my life, past relationships - seemed like he was trying to suss out what sort of girl I am.Basically I've had 1 serious relationship and aren't that fussed about either casual sex or serious relationship. If I meet someone I like I'll go for it but not get too involved til I know it's going somewhere (or not). He's got kids and seems quite family orientated. But, a couple of weeks ago he came to see me with his mate, another man (I knew him a bit already) and the guy (I thought I sort of was seeing wanted a threesome). I was a bit surprised. Anyone got any ideas why a guy would go to such great lengths to suss out what type of person i am (literally every other conversation we've had alone since meeting), then do this?

Comments

• Options
    he sounds really dodgy and manipulative
  • Options
    andy12345 wrote: »
    What strange, pushy, inappropriate behaviour!!!!!

He thinks he can just turn up at your door with another man! without asking you clearly about this?
    Did you get any questions about the possibilities of a threesome?????

How scary, were you shaken by this and did you go through with it or rightfully refuse?????
    :shocking:

No. I got questions about how many boyfriends I'd had. Oddly enough he seemed to like the not many response I gave. I'm not a very flirtatious person, so that's made the whole thing more confusing. Not ruling out the possibilty he is just out to be manipulative. I guess I don't know him well enough and it's not like I've asked him to explain his actions yet, so suppose that is the next step. He may just be a bit apprhensive about getting involved with someone and I don't give much away about what I'm thinking...but yeh, not really up for seeing two guys at the same time and definitely NOT AT THE SAME TIME, haha.
  • Options
    He must like that sort of thing, and been fishing for information on wether you'd go for the idea. You must of given him the green light by the sounds of it.
  • Options
    andy12345 wrote: »
    Of course, every man likes to hear that their potential partner has not had many partners themselves, but it's fine for them (slut vs stud) etc.
    Hypocrisy of some people!!!

Errr... Not every guy is like this. I couldn't give a monkey's how many people my girl has slept with. It's not important at all, neither is it important how many people I have slept with.

Admittedly, my girl was a bit shocked when she asked how many people I had been with. But she wanted to know, so I told her.
  • Options
    No, he's not still married. They separated a few years back and he has the kids. He said he hasn't had a relationship since, so I'm not sure without knowing more about him whether that's because he prefers casual relationships or if he's scared about getting hurt again. I can understand the not wanting to rush into something and he's said before he rushed into his previous relationship, although they were together nearly 10 years I gather.

I can't say it bothers me how many people a potential partner has been with. Although I'm sure I've not said anything that is likely to be interpreted as I would be up for a threesome, I guess the topic wasn't exactly mentioned and I don;t give much away about my feelings, so it's possible he thinks I'm not that interested in him, so it could be he's giving me the opportunity to go off with his mate to decide whether or not I am interested? I guess I just need to be more direct with him, find out some more about him and take it from there. I've decided I'm not bothered whether or not he was just after one thing. I liked spending time with him until things got weird, so if I can see where he's coming from and I can keep things not too heavy until I've spent more time with him I can decide whether to walk away or see how things go. I'd just like to know so I can keep some control over the situation as it's obviously got a bit conflicting since that night. His mate was asking me what was going on between us, so I may use that as a starting point...do people think that's a good idea? I've never been great at initiating these sorts of conversations, so advice is welcome!
  • Options
    Other opinions appreciated? Cheers!